PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
After killing a thread about GLP's Temple Bar with the lyrics to The WhiffenPoof Song, it got me nostalgicating in fond but melancholy way. When I was in college in the last ice age, I belonged to a professional fraternity called Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia. It was/is dedicated to the advancement of music in perpetuity. Anyway my chapter's life-blood was a men's chorus and putting together and performing a musical tour every year during spring break. In addition to the men's chorus, we had a big band, jazz ensemble, smaller acts - both instrumental and vocal or both, and tons of fun. We toured high-schools, churches, and various other performing venues.
Well, long story short, I googled AND FOUND many of our fraternity's men's chorus songs online!!(There was no google, no internet, no PCs when I was in college. We had manual typewriters though!)
And Lo and Behold, I found a song entitled "Light Your Pipe"!! It's kind of a reflective, mildly melancholy moment for having a smoke and remembering the good old days.
If I screw up the link, entering the title and the frat name in youtube's search field should also get you there! Enjoy!
Light Your Pipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMmKXIxknxQ

Status
Not open for further replies.