PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I was asked to review this blend, and these are my thoughts about it.
An uncomplicated mild mixture of red Virginias with a little spice note from the perique. Lightly sweet and tangy, it burns well and coolly, with no wetness or dottle. It is often dry in the tin, so it may require a little hydration to bring out the flavors a little more. The nic-hit is very mild, and experienced smokers who are used to heavier bends may need more than what this blend offers. Then again, that's the entire reason for its existence as it was designed to be an all day, comfortable smoke that doesn't weigh down your taste buds. Some may consider it to be a good introduction to VaPers and red Virginias, and others may smoke it as a change of pace from heavier blends. But however you look at it, it's a pleasant blend with a nice room note for a mild tobacco aficionado.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I misspelled the title. It's L.J. Heart Virginia, a Hearth&Home product sold at P&C.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds good. After some heady adventures with strong tobaccos, I'm prone to appreciate some of the

milder blends too.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I misspelled the title. It's L.J. Heart Virginia, a Hearth&Home product sold at P&C.
Ahh, yes I thought you might have meant that. I agree with your review. Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.