PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It has been my experience that you can trust a man or woman who smokes a pipe. Who else has that kind of patience, but a trustworthy person?
8O
1393_image4.jpeg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
:mrgreen:
It always amazes me when someone categorizes pipe smokers into a type.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Stalin is an important example of a pipe smoker...because the fact that he loved pipe tobacco proves that no one is 100% evil.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Stalin is an important example of a pipe smoker...because the fact that he loved pipe tobacco proves that no one is 100% evil.
I've read that he smoked his favorite cigarette tobacco from his youth in his pipes.
His choice of tobacco was "Herzegovina Flor" which became known as "Stalin's Choice." Since it only appeared in cigarettes, Stalin would take two cigarettes out of a box and shred them into his pipe. Pipe tobacco at the time was cheap and rough and he had become rather fond of the flavor of the cigarettes when he was a young man.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
^ Well, that does complicate things a bit. But I'm guessing it was still real tobacco, unlike the crap that modern, mass-produced cigarettes are filled with. And as suggested above, there may not have been anything better available anyway.
So he may still have not achieved pure evil status.

Status
Not open for further replies.