Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
My Dunhill Night Cap, and Peterson Irish Oak were delivered to my PO Box today. This morning the Winter Storm Draco hit us, and we have snow up to my knees. I'm stuck here for today.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Knees? Bah! When it gets waist high, then I'll consider it too high... Maybe. LOL! Stay safe and warm!
-Jason

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Man that sucks and here I am complaining about not being able to get home quick enough to smoke my fresh delivery today of pipeinhand's blends.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
...that is a cruel twist of fate. I do hope, brother, that you have some good movies and/or video games to keep you entertained while you're snowed in. I am sure that you already have plenty of fine tobacco to keep you busy, so that goes without saying.
Sucks though. I'd love some snow. But here in eastern Maryland we either get enough to make the Abominable Snowman want to hang himself or none at all. :?

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Ya know.. being snowed in with good tobacco ain't so bad.. :puffy:
if you were out.. then I would panic!! 8O
Stay warm and safe...
Jason

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I live on what I'm told is the foot of the Canadian Rockies. I'm 20 miles from the Canada border in Idaho. It's crazy, you can go into town on a day they might get a few inches, but 20 minutes away where I live, we'd be getting dumped on.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
We had snow to my knees one time here in Texas...I had to shovel the whole neighborhood into a pile to get it that high but I did it

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I guess it's time to throw some tea together, load a bowl, and read or watch a movie. The good thing about all the snow is I don't end up using as much propane on heat, it insulates my home.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
We mostly get rain here in the Northwest.

I consider myself snowed-in if there is even snow in the forecast.
Agreed. If there is even a trace on Vancouver's roads, I stay home. Not because I am afraid of driving in it (my home town is pretty far north, it snows from October through June), but because of all the idiots in AWD crossovers and 4x4's that think they are gods gift to winter-driving on their balding summer tires. They don't seem to grasp the concept that just because you can get going faster than a two-wheel drive vehicle, you still need to leave room to stop.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I have not seen a plow by me for years no ever.lol
Nor do I, despite living on an arterial route in the Vancouver suburbs. You can imagine my surprise to run into a plow thirty kilometers up a logging road yesterday afternoon, but sure enough, there were a pair of them working to keep the 18" plus at bay. Didn't think to snap a shot of them working (was too busy trying to get out of the way), but you can see his leavings in this shot (just above the snow-line here; got much deeper as we went up).
DSC00305_zpsdb536504-1_zps47fb5f4f.jpg

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
hope ya get your baccay soon mad, winter sucks! and speaking of snowplows, the company i work for plows snow and ive been working on them for a month now. i hope we dont see another flake of snow this winter!

sal57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2012
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t399/sc357/fla/myphotos3168.jpg
A mid December at the beach here in FL. , see no plows.

sal57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2012
Not ment to be cruel but I'm sure youll get even in the sumer.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.