PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Hey everyone!

It's been quite some time. Just a little update about what iv been up to.

Summer is ending soon we only have a week left at the church camp I work at. I have 3 weeks that I could take off and then outdoor education starts up and I'm an instructor with that program which ends in October. After that I really don't know what I should do.

Well kinda on the same note, I wasn't looking for a relationship and what do ya know I'm in one now. She's great and is from Houston. We have moved fast but we like we're we are at and it actually looks like I might be moving down there if I can land a job down there (suggestions?) she's been my camps lead cook at 21 and she works as a manager at a bubble tea store currently. . She's finishing up her 4 year in elementary education. On a very important note she loves my pipe and she's totally ok with me smoking . I still don't know what I want to study. I'm definitely not opposed to moving to Texas . I hate cold weather and I have nothing except family as far as things holding me back from making the move however its an expensive move and I'd be leaving everything iv known behind. Though i don't know if I'd like to stay in Texas for a long time, New Orleans and Charlotte are definitely cities I like and wouldn't mind living in. On that same point she has family where i work and she loves it up here so that is also a possibitly.

I''m thinking of proposing at the end of September.

What are your guys thoughts on the move?

Cheers!

Gunnar

CFE2B051-4423-42B6-B5C5-F887050C6476-1129-000000B7BF0D46CD_zps37a73e94.jpg

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Fifteen years ago, I finished graduate school in Washington State and took a pretty secure, but not so high paying job in San Francisco. I left my family, friends and everything I knew. This is where I really came of age and discovered who I was. This is where I met my wife. This is where my kids were born. This is where I made a life. This is home.
It’s hard to say what the right decision is for you. Maybe it’s as simple as pros vs. cons or maybe it’s a matter of taking a chance. I’m all for security and making smart decisions, but a life is to be lived. A life is an adventure. It is your adventure. Choose wisely!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your relationship and all that is happening in your life. I visited Houston a few times when I lived in TX for over 7 years. It reminded me of Miami, FL. Many poor drivers and higher than normal crime rates. I do not know in what state you live in now, but it does get cold in TX during the winter and it even snows in some parts.
TX also has more than its share of hail and tornadoes.
Information to consider.
I hope all works out well for you and your GF. A great lady is worth keeping when you find one

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
That gal seems to be a real blessing. I moved to Georgia from upstate NY a 21 years ago. Now the South is normal and the North seems strange. You will adjust to wherever you live. Texas is an awesome state. Of course I am a bit biased since I originate from that State.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Sounds like you're in a good place in life. As far as moving, take chances while you are young. It's a time to learn new places before you get too bogged down with other adult responsibilities. There is very little in life that can't be undone if you don't like it. Good luck and check in often.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
take chances while you are young. It's a time to learn new places before you get too bogged down with other adult responsibilities
Couldn't agree more. Have an adventure. And if you think she's the right girl for you, hold on with both hands and never let go. Life has a funny way of humbling you, where you are, the things you have are truly unimportant. What matters is who you are with. Cherish every moment and live life as a series of possibilities.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I might suggest working backwards. What is it that you want your life to look like in 5, 10 years down the road and then figure out how to get there. This should include family, career, personal likes. I think often the younger generation people whatever happens to be in their mind right now and act. Sometimes that leads to people to a directionless existence. Congrats on your new relationship, I really hope God blesses that. However, I wouldn't make any major life decisions are a new relationship. Probably not what you wanted to hear - sorry brother. Relationships tend to be fickle. Just enjoy each other, get to know each other, take it easy and have fun. Everything else about life and big decisions will certainly find you in due time.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
From the time I was 18 to 24 I toured the road with a metal band. I've been coast to coast more times than I can remember. It was always nice to see a new place everyday.
Take a chance and hit the road. You never know what you might find. And remember, you can always go back to where you came from. Without experiences, life is boring.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
BTW, you are probably going to get tons of good advice from people here and some of it may be conflicting. Thats ok though. Some of us have a few of lifes scars and are just trying to impact a little wisdom. Take all of the advice here and see what makes sense for you and your life, enjoy your youth and enjoy being in love. Thats truly a wonderful gift.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Hey Sean - anyone we've heard of? Someone once asked me if could do any job, what would it be and I jokingly said "roadie for AC/DC". Sounds like you've been there, done that!

Status
Not open for further replies.