PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
I feel a little like Huck Finn (who inspired my pipe smoking in the first place back when I was 10 years old), when he says, "I'll up and tell the truth this time, though it does seem most like setting down on a kag of powder and touching it off just to see where you'll go to."
Okay. I'm sitting. And here's the match, touching the fuse. I either get thrown out, ostracized or validated.
You get horny when you smoke?
I think this is an important question for men, who like me have young wives in their sexual prime, that want them to quit smoking. If there's something to this, then there's a good reason to let me keep my hobby! (And maybe get her to share in it, because nothing sexier than a beautiful woman looking at you with a pipe at her lips. Well, maybe you can think of something sexier, but let it go for now).
She's a redhead. And I make it a point to piss her off everyday. Because just like pipes, no since in owning firecrackers if you aren't going to light one off once in a while. So I'm smoking either way, but it sure would be cool if I could tell her it's a mojo booster.
(Sure seems like it to me. And I don't know exactly why. Is it because for that brief period, you are relaxed and stress-free and also feeling creature comforts that make you remember other pleasures to indulge?)
If it's against your religion to reply, I'll understand and just assume this is true for you, too.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I have no idea! I've never even thought about it really, but I like your theory, and your post gave me a good laugh before I have to go to work! So thanks for the post and theory!

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Uhhhhh. As one of the younger members of the board I would have to say the opposite in my case. Once I've bathed myself in Latakia smoke I have to accept the fact that no female would want to be within a mile of me haha.
The moral of my story is, ahem, "take care of business" first. Then go have a latbomb and islay malt AFTER. Great combo btw.

LOL, well as a redhead with a redheaded girlfriend, I've stumbled into a great thing with pipes. As I struggled with quitting cigarettes she was behind me 100%, nic tabs, hypnosis, prescribed pills, cold turkeys... I spent ten years quitting, going months sometimes, but always falling off the wagon and getting burned by redheaded fury. She had lost her father to lung cancer, so..,. she had her reasons for being a tobacco-nazi. But, now almost two years ago, I decided to switch to pipes. I discussed this with my doctors and her. She was behind it 100%. She sometimes will come with me to select tobaccos or pipes, she picks up pipes for me as surprise gifts, and she asks me to smoke inside. She doesn't like latakia but neither do I, so no love lost there. She will ask me to smoke my pipe in her car on long trips when I get antsy. And, overall I feel lucky.

I've gotten her to smoke a pipe a little, but she's yet to embrace it that much. But, we've agreed, she won't smoke my pipes, and I won't wear her clothes, LOL. I think we both adamantly agree to this arrangement.
And, if I want a great time, I just have to smoke some Molto Dulce and she eats it up... so to speak :wink:

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
I am happy to say that my girl is also in her prime (I left mine some years back) and she finds my pipe smoking 'sexy'. Who's luckier than me?
It seems more my connection to her that stimulates excitement than enjoying a smoke.
LOL, cosmicfolklore, I just added a tin of Molto Dolce to my TAD this month. Who knows, what might pop up...

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Haha @rsuniv: The combo I was referring to bunched the lat and islay together as the latter half of the equation ;)

Jan 8, 2013
Great post 12pups. Never really thought about this before, but I can totally see your side on the whole "relaxed, stress free, pondering other creature comforts" idea. I do have a tendency to let my mind wander while Im smoking, so I don't think rolling over into go mode is to much of a stretch at all.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I have to say - who cares if it's true?! If you can support the statement with performance then the lady can't prove otherwise. And God, I LOVE a redhead!
Good luck!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I am working my way thru the 2009 issues of "The Pipe Collector". Dennis Congas, aka "Mr Charatan" had a hilarious article about when his wife doesnt approve if his blend choices. He said on those nights, she choses her favorite sexual position: back-to-back......so be careful!

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Lucky you 12pups...a younger redhead. In her prime...damn I do have a thing for redheads...as far as the effects of pipe smoking...well I'm always horny...so I can't say it's the pipe or tobacco...after 22 years of marriage, I'm still waiting for the wife to hit her prime :)

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
As my friend who had a redheaded wife used to tell me "Red on top, fire down below"!

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Well, yes, dmcmtk. The fantasies are all true! -- but the fire is in that little skull, which set her hair aflame in the first place. I'm running out of ways to make her flare up because she knows I'm just playing.
Sucks to look like Santa Claus. No matter how grouchy I am, it's just seen as pretend.
Especially if you throw a grandkid in my lap. Little bastards think I'm ... fun.
Rugrats.
I *swear* there's a raging BEAST of a man in this old flesh suit. Just that, with a pipe in my mouth, I tend to postpone aggressive ... anything.
And since NO ONE admits that smoking makes them horny.... me either. I was just askin'.
:)

digitalshave

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
12 pups,
You've hit the nail on the head. While not exactly on the same wave, we float in the same ocean. It's one of the reasons I took up pipe smoking...

Status
Not open for further replies.