PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
My neice and her hubby were cleaning out the basement of a family member and came across a pipe rack with six pipes in it. They thought of me and sent it my way. Bless their hearts! It included a Falcon, two Medico pipes, a nice unsmoked no name, one unsmoked American made Mayfair and an LHS. I've never seen or heard of an LHS like this one.

I'm not smart enough to post pictures on this forum but the nomenclature is as follows:

LHS (in the obligatory diamond) next to PUREX

Underneath that is DIAMONDS

Underneath IMPORTED BRIAR

Inlaid on the stem there is a white diamond in a red circle.

The shape is a retro looking pot.

I know it's not a high end pipe because I counted three fills in the briar. It's a damn fine smoker though! I worked on it today. Getting the oxidation and finish off was a breese. I just shined, waxed it and smoked it. It's a champ!

Has anyone ever heard of these LHS Diamonds before? Any ideas on when it was made? I know the factory closed down around the 60's. It's a neat little pipe.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Purex imported briar is pre-WWII. Purex lacking the imported briar stamp is a wartime production. After 1945 when manufacturers were able to buy Mediterranean briar, they were stamped Certified Purex imported briar to assure the customer they were buying quality briar once again.
Please post a picture. I'd like to see a Diamond series.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Wow, I didn't realize there is a thread dedicated to LHS. Mine doesn't look like any of the ones I can see in it. I'm going to ask for help here. If I could email one of you some pics maybe you can help me post some up? I just would need an email addy to send the pictures to.

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
LHS confuses me. I have one, very "plain" looking. I love how it looks (though it needs some repairs). But it has the word, "Londonderry" under the LHS logo. And I have not found anything on google, nor on the usual pipe pages, about LHS w/ "Londonderry"

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
reverendsasquatch wrote
LHS confuses me. I have one, very "plain" looking. I love how it looks (though it needs some repairs). But it has the word, "Londonderry" under the LHS logo. And I have not found anything on google, nor on the usual pipe pages, about LHS w/ "Londonderry"
For a company that was in the pipe business for so long and made so many different shapes there is frustratingly little information available.
Thanks to daveg and others there is now a very nice entry for LHS pipes on Pipedia.
Londonderry is listed in "Who Made That Pipe" as being made by LHS and that's about there is =(

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Here's one picture from fluffie666. The others are having trouble getting through the electronic ether.
lhs%20diamond%20logo%20pic_zpsrdkgj8bi.jpg

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Thanks for helping tuold. You're a true gentleman. I'll try and get some better pics up from my computer at work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.