PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atuukson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2011
Sweden
Soo i bought a peterson 317 and am looking for a pocketcase for it! (gonna use it for work) anyone know were i can get a hold of a such thing?
The beauty!

1zxqh4n.jpg

A hint how the case would look like
//Tobias

atuukson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2011
Sweden
one of the reason I choose the pete 317 were that it could be dismantled right after smoking. so the case would be for 2 part(s) of the pipe, like the one on the pic from ebay.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
It's a military mount, just take it apart and put it in your pocket :crazy: Seems like that case would be more bulky than the pipe by itself.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Neat idea actually, adds that certain touch o' class.

I've a smooth System 317, works well for quick smokes or better still strong smokes, 3P's, 1792 and the like.

Sounds like your intending this for an out-and-about affair?

As with all military mounts, you'll need to give it a quick swab afore you put it back in the case. Doesn't matter how dry of a bowl you may have finished the tenon will be gunked up.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
It's a military mount, just take it apart and put it in your pocket Seems like that case would be more bulky than the pipe by itself.
+1

i would think that the case would be very bulky in a pocket.

i carry a backpack everywhere... yes i call it my purse, so i always have a few pipes and couple tins of tobacco in there.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I have a briefcase that I carry around that I have modified to carry pipes and tobacco in a certain area. I don't think you are going to find a case like the one you want, you will probably have to make it for yourself or get someone to make it for you!

atuukson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2011
Sweden
thx for your insights guys! think ill will go whit the bag the comes whit the pipe then :puffpipe:

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
cool case but the ebay one looks (is) a vintage style. so you most likely have to troll ebay and hope to get lucky. i haven't seen that sort of case new myself. has anyone else??

i find pouches really hard to find. i mean good looking ones. i did find a cool one on ebay but one of the two pockets is Velcro and the Velcro has come unglued. bummer! just happened.

good luck on your search

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
Just ask a meerschaum pipe maker to make you a case. You might have to send the pipe to him to get it moulded.

Status
Not open for further replies.