PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
bcol1a.jpg

What is that shape called? Freehand?
I like the dark stained grain and how it looks like hunk of wood that someone just drilled holes in and made a pipe.
Has a natural look opposed to more traditional pipe looking shapes. Not so crazy that it doesn't look like a pipe though.
Anyone care to comment in general about this pipe?

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I often think that the stem is too small where it enters the shank on freehands.

This one doesn't suffer that issue, good and simple balance throughout.

That dark stain gives it a look of age comparable to the patina acquired on some of my older briar.

robert76

Lurker
Sep 10, 2011
Looks like a nice pipe. Don't have a freehand yet but I can see one in the near future.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Im liking the darkness of the stain its a nice looking pipe but i am not too keen on the freehand style of rim. just me but not my thing

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
The lighter color does make the grain stand out more. The angle on this one is very appealing also.

Here's the other one again for a side by side comparison

bcol1a.jpg

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Both pipes look great, the second one you posted is more to my liking. A bit more streamlined, a little more contrast in the grain. One thing I can say about Brebbia is I have really liked all of their pipes that I've owned. If you're thinking about buying one, I say go for it

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
I love these. I just refurbished a Ben Wade last week given to me by a coworker. Reminds me, I owe the forum pictures...

landogilbot

Lurker
Sep 15, 2011
I enjoy the free-hands as well. The one I am eyeing up is from Brigham and it's called the helm. Beautiful pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.