PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Name one blend, that you have never tried, (vintage) that you would love to try just one time. Maybe it's because it costs too much, or you can't find it, even if you had the money.
Mine would be a blend made by Sobranie, Yenidje. I saw a tin go on ebay last year from pipestud, but t sold for $400 or so. Out of my league for one tin.
How about you? What's your white whale?

May 31, 2012
Three Nuns for me too...
...since this is all hypothetical, I'd travel back in time to

1902 Glasgow and smoke some of the pre-Mitchell/Wills J&F Bell's.

:lol:
On a more serious note, stuff that actually comes up for sale,

I'd love to smoke some Capstan Full, preferably from an old cutter-top.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
In have some three nuns, with the wood grain top, dot knowbifthat is the original, but I have been thing to crack it open.

May 31, 2012
That'd qualify for original in the sense we know it,

made by Wills? Or does it say Imperial?
I reckon any 3N not made in Denmark would be original!

:D

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I don't know. I'd have to pull it out. It's got a James B Russell distributor sticker, and wood grain, but I think it says made bin Denmark?

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
How about Baby's Bottom smoked it years ago cant find it anywhere

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Roth Marlin Flake is one of my favorite VAPers, I'd say its about dead even with Escudo for the top spot on my list. I'd like to try one of the old VA plugs you know from around the 1800s haha

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Yeah/ Either 3 Nuns or Elizabethan. An old boarding school professor used to rave about it and I respect his taste in just about everything.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
I know nothing about vintage blends, but with all the love that Three Nuns seems to get ITT, I will say that is my choice has well. LOL! :lol:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would love to try the original Cope's Escudo. I have not looked for it and have no idea what it would cost, but I probably would not chase it. Paying over 100 for a tin is just not worth it to me. I would also like to try some vintage Capstan Blue.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
Balkan Sobranie #759. I enjoyed one old dried up pouch many years ago and have never smoked anything like it since. A tragedy that it is no longer around.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
saw a tin go on ebay last year from pipestud, but t sold for $400
8O
I don't have a "White Whale" for tobacco, but I did have some that I wanted to try for a while: Mine were (past tense) "Epiphany" (aka Revelation-Eisntein's tobacco) and "Crooner" (a copy of Bing Crosby's favorite tobacco). Neither one wow'd me, but good to try.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
This may sound dumb but I would like to smoke whatever the hell my grandfather smoked. I wish I knew what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.