PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Have heard we are expecting 10-18 inches in central Kentucky tonight. Snowball fight anyone?

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Niceee! I wish we could get snow like that in the southwest... I think we got about 4 inches total in the city here this winter...

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Looks to be up around eight inches now, and still coming! Fully stocked cupboard, cellar, and rum selection. All is looking good!

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
I'm so tired of snow. :crying: I can't wait to get out of Michigan.
You guys have fun with your snowball fight. :P The survivor has to buy drinks, right? Enjoy the snow while you can.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
4-5" here in SE PA.

I'll be out in the (heated) garage tonight with a pipe.
I think something from the dark end of the palate of Russ Oullette is in order

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
This is the first really substantial snow I have seen in years. Will turn 41 in about two weeks, but a big snow pile makes me feel like a kid. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lots of friends in New York, NYC and Long Island, have been under siege for weeks getting buried deeper

and deeper with shoveled piles up to nine feet reported, maybe more some places. We keep emailing them to

give support and keep them from going stir crazy. Now we have a dose of precip headed our way in N.C. We

usually don't get any depth, but icing on roads, even a thin glaze, does in our ease of driving. We don't have

the fleets of trucks and teams, and the glaze can be insidious on power lines and in broken bones, etc. So

though the quantity is laughably small, it often has a deadly effect. So we're hunkered down, garbage and

recycling carts on the curb for pick-up, a few extra groceries in the fridge/freezer. The upside is the snow and

ice usually melts off in a matter of a week or less. We'll see. Ours is not a winter wonderland, but I have photographed

the house under a good layer of snow on a number of occasions.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
We got quite a bit of snow last weekend up here in Michigan. Now I love snow, and winter, but we got too much snow. My friends old ass snowmobiles cant handle it.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
My job shut down for this evening, and measured the depth in my front yard a few minutes ago; just under 15 inches and still coming down! Handling it quite well inside though.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/15529

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Our Southern snowfall always starts out soft and pretty (well usually except for swift and terrible ice storms).

Right now out the window it's a lovely dusting. It started when I was out on an errand. By morning, people will

be sliding downhill backwards in their 4WD's. But for now, it looks like confectioners sugar. Sorry we've lost

daylight for photography. Tonight we have leftover lasagna. We're thawing oysters for tomorrow in the fridge,

for stew, and we have the makings for a tuna/pasta recipe for Wednesday. It's staying cold, so not much thaw

until the weekend or next week.

rivervalley

Lurker
Feb 15, 2015
Just a good covering of ice here. Sleeted most of the night and roads are still icy. mso489, your post has made me both hungry and inspired to get in the kitchen. The misses and I decided to make a stew from last nights left over roast. Already have the cornbread made and the iced tea is brewing. Man, the house smells good when all we have to do all day is stay inside and cook. While the stew simmers on the stove, I'm off to the porch to light up the cob and enjoy one of the last "wintery" days here before spring comes calling and I'm mowing every other day :D

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Picked out a walking companion out of my humidor and went for a stroll in my backyard. Snow has slacked off a bit, but hear round two is supposed to hit later tonight.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/15530

Mar 30, 2014
wv
We have 10 inches and 10 more expected tonight. At least my dogs are having fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3EeTm2ibLw

Status
Not open for further replies.