Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Smoking tobacco is constantly under attack, and thought of by most people as a vile, disgusting habit. Of course, that's mostly because of the decades-long backlash against Big Tobacco as a result of their extremely questionable marketing tactics from 50-60 years ago, and the constant, never ending brainwashing with Temperance-Movement-like fervor from myriad anti-tobacco groups.
It's ironic that pipe smoking gets lumped in with all of this, especially when many of the Founding Fathers of our nation smoked pipes and/or grew tobacco. Then there are the great writers, thinkers, philosophers and scientists that that were also pipe smokers. Let's talk about that ... or rather, let's read Fred Brown's latest column and then discuss it.
PLEASE PUT YOUR COMMENTS ON THE ACTUAL ARTICLE AS WELL AS HERE.
Check it out -

Let Freedom Ring

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice article Fred, Thank you. We must do all we can to get more people young and old interested and reading about the founding fathers and the ideals they used to build our nation. History has always been one of my favorite studies and lately I have been using the Kindle to go more in depth into the subject. Lots of great books for free or even just a buck or two to be had. I’ve got Ben Franklin’s Autobiography done and now working on George Washington.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Very good. Vote for those that represent the way you think, either side of the isle.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Excellent article. Sadly, I think we will be among the last generations to smoke a pipe. The ill will towards tobacco is too strong and the ignorance of the public on the issue is compounded by zealots, the media and misguided politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.