PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
I've had a few of Les's pipes over th Last couple of years, all in the bark family. I always wanted one in a root finish with silver, one or two stars, bent billiard, and an estate. When I heard that Les retired, I knew I better start searching more urgently. I got lucky and found this one that ticked all the boxes. Passes a pipe cleaner straight through and smokes beautifully. The detailed silver is a nice touch too. I hope Les keeps putting out some pipes in his retirement, but if not this'll do! Smoking some Dockworker with A&W on the side.
TLftyAbSCLgr15ijd45xEQ0onyiKBZN56vSS-X4TaNI

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
That is a beautiful pipe, my friend, and the lovely band is more than a nice touch. It marries the stem and shank beautifully.
Fnord

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Les is a wonderful friend of mine and i am blessed to call him such. I am glad he and Dolly are enjoying their retirement. He is one of if not my favorite craftsman. Unfortunatly i have had to sell many pipes he has made dor me over theyears and just put two more up for sale. Before his retirement it was no big deal, but now it is very hard for me to do so as i dont know if they will ever get replaced. He loves making pipes and selfishly i hope he continues off and on when he feels like it, but i truly want him to enjoy the other things he loves like fishing and shooting. If he never makes another pipe, his friendship is enough.Congrats on your pipe. May she give you many enjoyable years.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love my one Ferndown, one of the several crown jewels of the racks and cabinet.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe, glad to hear you love it. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.
I owned 2 of Les's pipes and both smoked great for me. The only reason I sold them was because they were too big and heavy. I had bought them before I had set a strict criteria for the pipes I wanted to own.

Status
Not open for further replies.