Leonard Nimoy Turns 82... Happy Birthday Spock!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
"The good of the many outweighs the good of the few". ( something like that)
Man I really loved the concepts that Star Trek presented us to think about
Allan

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Thanks for the post Lawrence. I’d never seen that hobbit video before. I have to say it was simultaneously amusing and painful...lol.
Happy birthday Spock.
I also remember him for hosting In Search Of. I think my favorite episode was the one on Coral Castle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ggd736t3Ro

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I also remember him for hosting In Search Of.
That was a fantastic show, and I remember the episode you're talking about; the one about the Atlantean "highways" was just as fun.
Nimoy also produced and hosted a show on Nickelodeon (a very long time ago) called Lights, Camera, Action!, where they would explain movie making and storytelling in general.
Fantastic actor, host, writer, photographer. Hell, is there anything the man hasn't done (could have done without the singing, though)?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Hell, is there anything the man hasn't done (could have done without the singing, though)?
So true...and considering the stuff Shatner's done, I guess we can forgive Nimoy for the hobbit song. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hARDXYz2io

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
I remember the Bilbo Baggins song from the 60's, but didn't realize that Leonard Nemoy had sung it. That was during the time that Tolkien's works were finally taking off in popularity and everyone on the college campuses were reading them, myself included. About that same time Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" also soared in popularity, to cult status. I Grok the significance....
Spock was always one of my favorite characters, a being of logic like I was for a long time... until the voices convinced me "all that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"... ah, the 60's... I remember... some of them....

phoenix

Lurker
Mar 16, 2013
Dif-tor heh smusma
Star Trek is the type of reality I wish truly existed. The concept of exploration rather than all these damn wars appeals to me. Spock is the ultimate character. He shows how we all struggle with emotions. Spirituality also figures quite heavily, particularly in DS9.
LONG LIVE STAR TREK

Status
Not open for further replies.