PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
About a year ago there was a John Cotton throw down and this blend won . I picked a few tins as it supposed to be mostly Virginia for the cellar ,This stuff is cheap sub 7 dollar tin . The blend gets rave reviews yet no one seems to smoke or buy it . Has anyone smoked it ?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I asked my B&M to get it. The owner never heard of it and called his distributor who never heard of it. The sales guys at Lane need to get in the stick or they'll miss the bus entirely.

briarfriar

Can't Leave
I brought home a tin of Princes Street Mixture from the Northeast Regional Contest last December, and really enjoyed it. A mild and tasty English, it definitely is worth a try.
Jay
EDIT: If we're talking about the same thing, it is available from Chief Catoonah in Connecticut. Click here.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I really like Princes Street and hadn't heard of Leo until a few months ago. My local shop also said he'd never heard of tinned Lane tobacco. But, only my next visit he had a dozen tins. I really like Leo, but it is completely different from Princes Street. It is primarily a VA forward blend with just a hint of latakia. It is a good change-of pace smoke for me, as I am stuck on Lat-heavy blends. Plus, tins are $8 or so, a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.