PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Just trying to get a feel of anyone in the area that smokes a pipe and were they go. I have seen a ton of passer bys in cars just wondering if any are on here

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Sure is, like I said just kinda getting a feel for the pipers in the area. Also remember only 2 weeks till CelticFest.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm in Hanover Twp, Northampton Cty. About 7 miles from the store in Whitehall. As you know, Duncan, I'm there 5-6 days a week in the afternoon with cigars and pipes in hand.

Yesterday I bought a tin of CAO's Cherry Bomb. Its been many years since I had a cherry blend. Pretty nice, with a soft cherry nose, nothing like the bulk cherry blends there. I didn't pick up any of the vanilla in it but that is what mey be softening the cherry.

I'll be experimenting more today.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Nice, I gotta get over to the store. Maybe next week if I find time in my schedule with the kids birthday and all. Oh, well what can you do between work and soccer and family events gotta do what I gotta do.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
duncan said>>Also remember only 2 weeks till CelticFest.

Just curious what CelticFest is about?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
CelticFest is pretty much about watching big, burley guys in kilts toss the cabir, big stones and other Scottish sports, eating and drinking. Celtic music abounds. I've never gone but its supposed to be great fun.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
It is a Celtic pride sorta festival. Highland games, music, food and lots of GOOD beer. My father and I always go in our Kilts and get slobbernockered. I will be on call this year so I have to sorta behave myself. All in all it is a great time and did I mention the beer.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
ces - I'm thinking it's the Tobacco Village in Whitehall, not far from Rte 22. When I'm in the area, I like to visit and pick up a tin or 3 and look at their pipes.
hp

les

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
Good luck with the club. Along with John Chaplick, the Pocono Intermountain Pipe Enthusiasts (PIPE) meets Thursday nights. All are welcome to attend. As your club gets going, maybe we can do some event together. Also, consider joining United Pipe Clubs of America (see http://unitedpipeclubs.org).

Status
Not open for further replies.