PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The regular monthly meeting of the Lehigh Valley Pipe Club will indeed be held at 7pm on Monday, February 23, 2015 at The Wooden Match, Bethlehem, PA. All are welcome. You need not be a member to attend. The Wooden Match is a full-featured restaurant and bar in the old city section of Bethlehem that allows encourages cigar and pipe smoking on the premises.
On the agenda this month is a motion to move the club's assets into a more liquid position, We have discussed this at past meetings, but we really need to take action this month.
Any questions? Ask here, PM me, or PM our President in Exile, papipeguy.
LVPC

The Wooden Match

61 W Lehigh St, Bethlehem, PA 18018

(610) 865-1777

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Dan, calendar calls so we're coming home. The odd thing is that I have not heard from Sutliff about the monthly care package so I wonder if they discontinued the practice.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
"The odd thing is that I have not heard from Sutliff about the monthly care package so I wonder if they discontinued the practice."

Let me check if Russ knows.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Looks like the weather, despite this last storm, cooperated so we can meet tomorrow? It was a shame that we couldn't get it done last month despite the rain (snow) date.
hp

les

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
My wife had a concert tonight at Moravian, so I stopped in to The Wooden Match for a quick bite and a bowl while they were rehearsing. Construction is almost complete on the balcony overlooking the parking lot, so it looks like I will be able to give my speech on Monday night after all. Please dress appropriately.
Mussolini-balcony-Palazzo-Venezia.jpg

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
LOL - 'Il Duce Dan'. Hope you come to a better end. Best wishes for this evening guys - I hope you all have a great time.
Andy

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
LVPC_22015-vi.jpg
Highlights: Russ showed some of the new Hearth and Home line of pipes...very nice stuff. Dan C. shared his stash of RO Firestorm...very nice stuff. Miles says he'll be with us for another couple of months...very nice stuff. Alyssa is our new waitress....very nice stuff.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Great meeting, even more than usual. Maybe because it was considerably more manly with the specific members attending? ( ;) heh) Dan - this pic tells a story,and appropriately has our resident rock star Russ as the focal point, with various of his faithful acolytes absorbing his lore and wisdom. Did you manipulate any pixels to get this shot, or was it the natural byproduct of the equipment?
hp

les

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thanks, Les. Just an iPhone panorama. A little bit of work done on levels and sharpness in PS, but no manipulation.
I have to apologize to Werner (JR) for cutting off the top of his head.

Here's an alternate frame, but his face is blurry. Odd...Maybe Werner can't be photographed...maybe he's...from the Dark Side?

IMG_6420-vi.jpg
Sparks comes off looking like a demented Elvis, though.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Russ did perfect cartwheels across the lot, up the steps and into the bar. Then he lifted Sparks over his head and spun him around like a baton. It was amazing to see. The man is strong.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Dang, I just realized I didn't post pics...oops, only Saturday:

005_zpsxxxjitcs.jpg

001_zpsrtgtuw4t.jpg

002_zpslqxoihcf.jpg

003_zpshhkqbnrr.jpg

004_zpswnclvfio.jpg

Great time, as usual...but missing John...and you Andy, one of these days, eh?

Dan,

Gabrieli Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.