PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2016
I've never traded/swapped tobacco before. Is there any legality issues at risk for doing so beyond assuring you aren't dealing with a minor? Thanks!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm no lawyer, but, well I'm not a lawyer, so good luck and I'm sorry I can't help.
But the other me says "Don't worry about it".

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What me worry? I wouldn't not do it based on fear. But I guess I'd not talk about it; just do it is what I am saying for myself.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Callsignawesome,
The last time I looked at my watch, it still said America.
I am not a lawyer, so, there's that, but, if it were me, I would trade/sell any tobacco I pleased. As a private citizen, I'm really not affected by all the regulations the ATF has in place for commercial operations, much like the situation with private citizens trading/swapping firearms. I would also point out that tobacco is bought and sold daily by private citizens on eBay and no one has been bothered. That said, while I freely share a bowl or two of tobacco with friends and smoking acquaintances, selling/trading my tobacco runs contrary to my TAD so I rarely engage in it. :lol:
Lastly, Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms is the greatest business plan for a convenience store ever conceived by man. :rofl:
Cheers,
Chili

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
As of right now, person to person gifts or trades are perfectly legal. Person to person sales on the other hand...

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Forgive me, but isn't this just more of the overly politically correct (my opinion) way of thinking? I mean come on, there is a whole category on the Forum page for buying, selling, and swapping tobacco. Just sayin'

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Good point Stan.
As for the legality of it, who is going to know about any transaction twixt two people just so long as common sense is applied at both ends?
Regards,
Jay.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Within Eu this goes as follow, privat citizens are not affected by any law ,so concequally they can transact,trade and swamp tobacco products as they might please, whereas commercial businesses are not allowed sending their merchandise to private customers and likewise privat citizens are not allowed to receive parcels containing tobacco product sended by comemericial registred businesses,nonetheless sometimes it may simply happen that commercial business owner may start acting like privat person sending on his own,its him to deside and you to ask.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Swamp tobacco rocks!!!
death_calculator.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Cortez:
"Within Eu this goes as follow, privat citizens are not affected by any law ,so concequally they can transact,trade and swamp tobacco..."

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The tobacco is only grown in the swamps, Les.

It's actually processed by Buddhist nuns, high in the Himalayas, like most other pipe tobacco.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Yo wo
I dunno. If'n you swamp tobacco, wouldn't that make for a lot of relights? I myownself prefer my tobacco dry and crispy.
hp

les
The best swamp tobacco that I know, would the boggy burley variant grown in Belgium called Semois. Love that very dry and cool smoking "swamp" tobacco!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Trading tobacco is OK, as long as there is not a huge disparity in value (i.e. a prelude to fraud).
In the meantime, our civilization shows signs of being Rome 2.0, so noncompliance may be the winning hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.