PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Just won a Von Erck on e-bay, how do they smoke, heard about his oil cureing and was curious, will post pics when I get it, it's a freehand sitter. Thanks. The old cajun

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
That's awesome, congrats! Can't wait to see the pics, his pipes are fascinating.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Cajun:
For something cool you can go to Lee's site on the Internet and on the home page click the sold button and type in the numbers on your pipe
That will show you pictures when the pipe was new, tell you information about when it was created and the briar type.
I do not know how the pipe will smoke since I only collect but I thought you might like to learn more about your new pipe. M
Congratulations on your new pipe.
Doug

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Bradley, congrats on getting a Von Erck. I have heard they are fabulous smokers,he has his own special oil curing recipe that is supposed to make all of his pipes great smokers. Can't wait to see some pics.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Bradley, congrats on the Von Erck. I have 5 in the herd and gifted another to a good friend. They are awesome smokers. I am more prone to buy those older 1990's pipe than his newer shapes, (just this guys preference) quality briar, quality grain, nice and light. And on top of all that, he resides here in Michigan :) Good score.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
His pipes are amazing. I have one that was a gift from a friend and I love it. Mine is a 1998 made AA grade and is definitely one of the centerpieces of my collection. Great smoker and one of a kind briar.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Cajun, I do believe that's how the nomenclature works. That would be a grade A. There are also AA and AAA as well. Some of his pipes, such as the one I have, from the mid to late 90's also had TVC stamped on them as well, which Lee explained to me was a special imported briar from Greece that he had at the time, if I recall correctly.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I am almost like a child waiting for Christmas, don"t know why but I am more excited about this pipe than others I have bought, maybe this one will be the holy grail LOL. The old cajun

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Harris that is so true. I saw a pipe on his site that he carved graded AA listed before the recent Las Vegas pipe show that was over $2000. Lee must have sold it at the show since it is no longer listed for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.