PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
The leather clad pipe is called an Ambassador, which is all I could find on it. It is just a beautiful piece of smoking glory. I have tried 3 or 4 different types of baccy in it so far, and I like it. Stays lit well, burns evenly, and NEVER draws hot. I am going to call the other one a "ROOP", for want of a name. It does say Cherrywood and France, on the bottom of the bowl, but nowhere does it actually say "Roop", so I reckon I have to classify it as a "Roop". Maybe someone else can shed a bit more light on the subject. It has a small bowl and seems to like almost anything so far. Especially Penz. Please excuse the left over baccy in the bowls.
001-12.jpg

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Nice pipes! I once bid for an Ambassador on Ebay and it quickly went past my means. Really sharp.

They cleaned up great!

smoker49

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2012
Wow, those don't even look like the same pipes. I like the thick walls of that cherry wood pipe.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Those leather clad pipes became very popular at the end of WWII with American GI's. Mostly made in France to cover up briars that had a lot of fills. I always thought they were handsome pipes. Enjoy.

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Those are really nice pipes. I have a Ropp Delux 921. I am smoking my first pipe with it tonight. Lonestar just put a new bit on it for me. I was reading another post on Here and it had a good link. Except it was in French, but I did enjoy the pictures. I did a google search on "L'usine de pipes Ropp" and it pulled up alot of information. Most of them were in French though. There was also some nice images though.
9LvTx.jpg

LRvi9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.