PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
LAKE WORTH, Fla., Nov. 6 (UPI)
Police in Florida said a burglary suspect was identified when he allegedly left his cellphone at the scene and his mom called while police were investigating.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said deputies were at the scene of a burglary Thursday in Lake Worth when a phone apparently left behind by the burglar began ringing and the phone's screen identified the caller as "Mom," the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported Wednesday.
A deputy answered the phone and the woman gave her son's name as Derek Codd, 19.
Deputies said Codd had the victim's cellphone at his Lake Worth home and a shotgun stolen from the home was found hidden at a nearby abandoned house.
Kristen Rynearson, 19, of Lantana, who was at Codd's home, allegedly had 49 pieces of jewelry stolen from the victim's home in her purse.
Codd and Rynearson were arrested on charges, including burglary and larceny. Codd was held in lieu of $18,000 bail and Rynearson was held in lieu of $1,000 bail.

iaeen

Lurker
Nov 30, 2013
You just can't make this stuff up.
I guess if he was smart enough to avoid getting caught he would be smart enough to not do it in the first place.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I remember reading a newspaper article which stated a place was robbed and the criminal stopped outside to take a dump and his wallet fell out of his pocket. I asked a police officer friend and was told that human waste material is often left at crime scenes.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
A couple years ago I read about a guy that was robbing a house and stopped to make himself some Bacon before leaving and got caught halfway through. Some people... :crazy:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
You do have to pity these types of criminals. If only they had been born into an old-money oligarchical family, they could have been as incompetent and sloppy with their criminal activities as they wished and get away with it every time. And we’re not talking petty crime either.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I went to High School with a genius that decided to rob the Quickie Mart. He cleverly put on a mask and everything, but the checkout girl recognized him. Because she was in his class. And he was wearing his class jacket. With his name on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.