PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
Anyone here have any? I got one recently and I'm very impressed. It's a rather conservative piece, but it is smoking like a machine. I don't hear them spoken about much other than Pease showing his fallen prince, perhaps a few other instances.
Here's mine. Not what I'd call a craggy blast, but rings for days. The pictures don't really show the nuance brought to the lovat shape, but in the hand it's very much a Le Nuvole shape.
6x9z3K241D-3000x3000.png

uKS1R11veK-3000x3000.png

VgXyioz1oW-3000x3000.png

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
That is quite a pipe. I generally am not interested in Italian pipes but that has caught my attention.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
In my previous venture into pipe smoking, I had 3 Le Nuvole pipes. I am not a huge fan of some of his shapes but the ones I had smoke as good as any Castello, Radice or anything else for that matter. And flawlessly engineered. The prices they demand now speak for the quality. Your pipe is really nice looking, good buy there.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
That is a great looking pipe! I love the Lovat shape and the stain really accentuates the sandblast grain. Thanks for showing it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like a great pipe to me. I think the blast is well-craggy enough. I have a deep craggy blast or two, but I also value some of the more subtle blasts if the pattern is defined; it can be intricate and pleasing. But this one is good and deep, about right for the size pipe to my eye. I have a Tsuge billiard blast (straight billiard) that is quite light in pattern, but looks sort of spiffy and understated, tasteful. I like it way better than those pricey Tsuge lacquer finished pipes with the painted flowers. I think you may have to be an actual Samurai to look right smoking one of those.

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
I have two Le Nuvoles now. They belonged to my friend who passed away. One was unsmoked and the other I sent off to get spruced up and cleaned. Here's the link to that one. It should be here in the next day or two.....
The other one I have is a bean pot shaped 3 cloud. They're really nice pipes. They smoke very well. The Italians really have nice briar for their pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.