PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Love this stuff. Rapidly becoming my favorite everyday smoke. Smoking some right now, in fact. With a nice IPA.
Been smoking from a 2 oz sample, but will be ordering more. Much more. Some to smoke and some to jar.
In my top three.
Any other LBF fans?

Aug 1, 2012
It's in my top 10. Just ordered a bit more and I think I'll probably be adding to it for some long-term cellaring to see what it does with a few years on it.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yep, It is great. I also love LTF. That is fantastic stuff as well. Great prices for the 24oz box of either LBF or LTF.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Sothron,
It is a nice blend but I find too mild.
The perique is very soft and the virginias are quite tame and hay-like.
Escudo remains my favourite of the coin cuts and all tobacco blends in general.
Don't get me wrong, LBF is a phenomenal value but I doubt it will be a true favourite of mine anytime soon.
(Go with the bulk boxes - if you love it, go with multiple bulk boxes)
PS: I don't find that the cavendish cores add anything. I often discard them...

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Love the stuff. Tried it after another forum member proclaimed how much he loved the stuff. Now I've got almost 5 lbs jarred up. It does taste better after a few months. Can't wait until it hits the year(s) mark.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Yep, I'm on board with loving it as well.. currently 1lb in the cellar, and about 2oz to smoke..

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm smoking this now in a blissful state, along with some Jack Daniel's Honey and --- that's it, I'm saying it ---- this is my favorite tobacco.
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love Escudo. And I love Haddo's Delight. And enjoy many others. But there's just something about this stuff. I think it's the contrasting combo of the (admittedly light) Perique and the Cavendish. It's got a certain "mouth-feel."
If it's all sold out one day, you'll know who to blame ;)

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Roth, we'll have to work out an eggs-for-tobacco trade.
Mike, yes, 100% free range. They convert bugs, worms, grasses, corn, seeds, skinks, creek water, leftovers, and the even the occasional mouse into the most flavorful eggs you can imagine. Just as mommy nature intended. Plus we use home-grown, dried, and ground cayenne pepper as a natural wormer.

Status
Not open for further replies.