PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Hard to tell if there's anything there that would make it worth $2500 or even $1000 for that matter. Given the way the pipes are being handled it would seem the seller doesn't have a big investment in it. I'll pass.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
The seller has a history of selling individual pipes and bowls only as well.

Perhaps he/she is tired and wants out as it appears the listings completed as sales are around 25% of those offered- not great.
As to this listing, I would not touch it at any price (especially given the above).

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Lazy? No. Some asshole trying to screw someone. Not worth $2500. ABSOLUTELY NO RRFUNDS. Stuff like that scares me.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
The pictures make me think, 'kindling wood' more than anything else. Not worth $20, unless I could see individual pics like normal ebay photos. The seller isn't new to the game...therefore...lazy. Or doesn't care anymore...or lazy, or overwhelmed, or lazy. I can't make up my mind...maybe, I'm...lazy.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
"Greedy" more like. If he would just start it at $25 he would get some action I'm sure.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The seller has a history of selling individual pipes and bowls only as well.

Perhaps he/she is tired and wants out as it appears the listings completed as sales are around 25% of those offered- not great.
That would be my guess also. Think he found out it ain't easy to sell estate pipes-especially the cheaper pipes and make anything. I don't think the $2500.00 BIN price is an attempt to screw anybody,although it is an absurd amount for that lot.More like wishful thinking--a last ditch attempt to make something off those pipes.
If anyone was to pay that they would be screwing themselves.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
It's an ebay auction, you don't have to bid on it, I'm sure if he cared that much he would catalog them all, it's a crapshoot, there could be some gems in it, I don't see the problem, don't bid if you don't like it.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
It's an ebay auction, you don't have to bid on it, I'm sure if he cared that much he would catalog them all, it's a crapshoot, there could be some gems in it, I don't see the problem, don't bid if you don't like it.
Thank you for pointing these things out Andy, there is no problem at all, this is a discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.