PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcluvinmypipe

Lurker
May 8, 2014
I am getting a little bit experimental lately and have tried new methods of smoking.I mix different types of blends together,I tried adding different aromatic flavors to my Virginia flake rubbed out.I read about a person who would stack pack his pipe.Example Virginia on top of an aromatic with an English on the bottom.I am a newbie and would like to know if any of you experienced pipe smokers mix and match or layer your tobaccos,if so what is your crazy concoction?
--------------------------

Thanks for being a member and participating.
Thread title fixed.
Please see rule 9 here along with the rest of the forum rules
- Kevin

--------------------------

IslandCobFog

Lurker
Feb 28, 2014
Friday Harbor, WA
I smoked some mac baren chocolate and honey bulk on the drive in to work one morning and only got about 1/2 way. At lunch I folded up a flake of old dark fired and it was pretty nice mixed with the chocolate.

mcluvinmypipe

Lurker
May 8, 2014
I tried a bed of Autumn Evening on top of a bulk basic english that went rather well together.The sweetness seeped through the bold english and then transformed my english to a bold cool maple creamy latakia smoke.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I am a newbie and would like to know if any of you experienced pipe smokers mix and match or layer your tobaccos,if so what is your crazy concoction?
I haven't tried layering, but one of my favorite smokes is a mix of Irish Oak, Exclusiv Royal and Cigar Leaf in equal proportions. The balance of textures and flavors is perfect! Together they taste far superior to any one on it's own.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Yup! I do it from time to time. My favorite trick in public is to layer macbaren vanilla cream over half a bowl of pirate kake, the ol' bait and switch!

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
this is a good idea

i wish i thought of it, especially the bait and switch

Status
Not open for further replies.