PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Hey Family!
I have really fallen in love with latikia blends and I was wondering does anyone have suggestion about other blends that are excellent with latikia? I got turned on to Frog Morton and love it. That smoky wood smell is out of this world!
Thanks in advance!

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Larry's blend. Smokes smooth and cool with just the right hint of a campfire.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Although I like Larry's Blend very much, you might find it a bit overwhelming moving from the Frogs. Squadron Leader and Old Dublin are my choices for all-day latakia blends.

bigmick

Might Stick Around
Nov 1, 2012
My two favorites as of today are C&D Pirate Kake and SG Balkan Flake. Honorable mention to MacBarens HH Vintage Syrian.

Aug 14, 2012
These are the lat blends I keep on hand: McClelland's Syrian 3 Oaks and Syrian Full Balkan, Stokkebye's English Oriental, Dunhill 965, Balkan Sasieni, Peterson Old Dublin, Gawith & Hogart Balkan, Blackhouse. Less favored: Blue Mountain, Cyprian 3 Oaks & Cyprian Full Balkan, and anything else with McClelland's Cyprian. None of the above are as good as the original Sobranie.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Thanks again. I must say that I have tried the Pirate Kake and LOVE IT! Just what I was looking for. Will be trying the other suggestions soon!
Thanks so much.

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
+1 for Larry's blend. It is a great smoke. My all day, anytime go to Latakia is Altadis Balkan 2. It is a great smoke for me. Not too heavy, and it is really accomodating with most of my pipes. I also devoured a sample of battlefield from just for him recently and it is on the short list for re-ordering.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Great information everyone. I have tried some of them, but I will for sure have to try the ones listed above that I have not yet enjoyed.

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Mississippi River tobacco. I wish I could find it on this side of the Atlantic.

macthenife

Lurker
Mar 24, 2011
I've loved McClelland's Coyote Classic for years! This has been one of my favorite Latikia bulk blends since I started smoking over 20 years ago.

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Penzance is my favorite lat blend, but very hard to find. You should also give C&D Mississippi Mud a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.