PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thanks to everyone who bought a pipe or two from my herd, I had the $$ to place an order from P&C today.

Decided to try new blends out with this order;
Solani aged burley flake,

Peterson 3 P's

Peterson Irish Whiskey,

Escudo Navy,

C&D Safe Harbor Flake,

C&D Exhausted Rooster,

Hearth and Home Steamroller,

Sillems Copenhagen ,

Villiger 1888 Midday and Late Night,

Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake.

I'm like a kid that just bought a candy store :)

westcoastrich

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2011
Lonestar - can I trade one of the pipes I will be receiving from you for some of the tobacco you are getting ? LOL - the list sounds great, wish I were closer, I would have a bowl with you.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Glad I could help... and your list gave me a good idea. When my new pipe arrives in the next couple days I think a tin of Escudo that has been stashed away since 2009 might just be the perfect blend for the first smoke.
Enjoy! :puffy:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
All of these tobaccos are new to me ! I've never smoked much that only comes in tins, most of what I smoke are bulk blends.

I'm pretty excited about trying them all.

JC I think anything would smoke great in that pipe, if Escudo is as good as I hear, should be a match made in heaven.

Rich, no takebacks !

Thanks everybody else, I'll let you guys know what the winners are from the bunch.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The Villiger 1888 Mid Day is my favorite blend. It's an aromatic, but not overly done. Enjoy it!
-Jason

gentlemanjerry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
I recently finished a tin of Villiger Late Night - Not to shabby (It is as lonestar stated "nic heavy") - Based on that tin, I'm awaiting a couple of tins of Mid-Day seeing I am partial to aero's

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I like aros myself, from time to time. More and more these days it seems.

I'd like to have something to smoke when I'm out and about, that gives me the nic kick I like (15 yr cigarette smoker here), but is still enjoyable to smoke, and pleasing to others around me.

Its a tall order, it seems.

Hoping the Villiger is in the running.

How aromatic is the Late Night?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I didn't consider Late Night a high Vitamin N blend. I don't smoke it that often, but I've never felt a nic hit with it. At least not like SG 1792 Flake... Then again, people have said Dunhill's Nightcap has a Nic hit, but I haven't felt it. I don't think Mid Day has any appreciable amount of Vitamin N. At least if you DON'T inhale. I've inhaled accidentally and felt it right away. It has a great room note.
-Jason

gentlemanjerry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
To me Late Night is a light aero, not overdone - high quality tobacco, and the price is very reasonable - I would recommend! - lordnoble, your comments have made me glad I placed an order for Mid-Day - I certainly look forward to trying some!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Hmmmmmm. Well, I'll see for myself I guess.

I think different blends sometimes hit people differently.

I don't think most people consider SWR particularly strong, but I always seem to catch a nice little buzz halfway through a big bowl of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.