PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I was due to put an order in for some cellaring and for trying new blends. Here is what I have coming from P&C.
5 Dunhill Flake

5 Solani 633

1 GL Pease JackKnife Plug

1 Hearth and Home Anniversary Kake

1 Fribourg&Treyer Vinntage ( I used to smoke this years ago and if memory serves I liked it)

1 Dan Tobacco Tordenskjold Virginia Slices

1 Esoterica Dunbar

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I need to try some anny cake and jack knife plug. i totally forgot about these when i placed my last order. shucks.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Nice order........I think i'm gonna lose the fight against a TAD attack. I'm actually sitting on a GL Pease JackKnife Plug because I don't have a sharp enough blade....haha.

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Those are some good picks you made. I remember you recommending Solani 633 in another thread, I will be adding some to my next order.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have forgotten to get the JackKnife plug on my last 2 orders, finally I have it coming. I am excited to try it along with the Anny Kake and Slices. I used to smoke the Dunbar and Vintage years ago and liked them.
jameral, I am totally addicted to the 633 now. It is my number one vapor at this moment.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
Ok im a new guy what is a "vapor". I have heard it mentioned a few times b4 but not that frequently.

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks to all the recommendations on here, I succumbed to TAD today and ordered:
Hearth & Home Marquee Black House (2oz tin)

Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding (2oz tin)

Dunhill Tin - Early Morning Pipe (50g)

Dunhill Tin - Nightcap (50g)

McClelland Tin - Frog Morton (50g)

Sam Gawith Tin Pipe Tobacco - Squadron Leader (50g)
Can't wait to give them all a try. This isn't even a third of the list I've accumulated thanks to y'all. Thanks for all the recommendations!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Seanavan:
I will raise my hands and give a mighty, mighty witness to four of your six selections: Nightcap proves there is a God, Squadron Leader is a joy, I love the Frog - especially on the Bayou - and Black House is sheer awesomeness, brother.
Plum Pudding is on my want list because Brad, The Old Cajun smokes it. When I grow up I want to be like him. The man is a true gentlemen, always has a kind word for his fellow smokers and he's given assistance to more than a few smokers on this forum. (I think it'd be a pretty good idea if we all grew up to be like him.)
I can't speak to the Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, but your other choices are excellent.
BTW, Mr. English is right, Sean. We are enablers of the first order and my life is better since I started hanging out here.
Fnord

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks for the support, philobeddoe, mrenglish, and fnord. :) My experimentation has moved at a slow pace up to this point due to a lack of sources of input other than my nose at various cigar/pipe stores. So the suggestions, encouragement, and all-around enabling are greatly appreciated! I've been hanging around for a couple months now and it's been both entertaining and educational. I've learned a lot, thanks!
I had a difficult time deciding which of the Frog Morton blends to try and in the end went with the original. How would you compare them, Fnord? For some reason I remember reading that they're pretty different.

Aug 14, 2012
I have a suggestion. In order to get an order up to a number that would qualify for free shipping I added a can of Dunhill Standard last week. It was one of the few blends of theirs I had never tried. After all, who wants a standard smoke, I want a great one. Anyhow the stuff is really excellent: tasty and subtle without being dominant. One of my top 5 favorites.

kodos44

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2012
Nice TAD's!!! Reading these always makes me remember things that I want to order but just haven't yet. Thanks for reminding me I need to try out Anniversary Cake, Black House and Plum Pudding :)

Need to put an order in soon ....
Scott

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks, gnatjulio. While I'm all for experimenting with new blends, it's always good to hear from others who have tried and enjoyed them.
Thanks, Scott. Anniversary Cake is on my list too. Hopefully next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.