PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I picked this Tan Blast Egg From Rad's store today. I love the shape of the Rad Bent Brandy in my seven day set and was instantly attracted to this one. If the feel and balance is anything like the Brandy it will undoubtedly become one of my favorite Rads. Since I won't be home until the 23rd, I may just save this one to smoke after the kids open their presents on Christmas morning.
Size: 1 7/8 X 5 1/2

Bowl: 3/4 X 1 5/8

Weight: 35 GRAMS

Description: A BENT EGG WITH A SUPER NICE BLAST. THE STEM IS CUMBERLAND.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Chris
WOOF!! What a beauty
I saw the email that rad had sent
That is one very nice looking pipe
Congrats to you and I know that it will smoke great for you

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Chris, great looking Egg. Awesome blast and I like the contrast of the black stem. With those dimensions it should be an awesome flake smoker. I bet you will find that when you are clenching the pipe it will feel like you have nothing in your mouth. I have a Rad bent Brandy with similar dimensions and it is amazing how the combination of the weight, the bend and the stem design makes it feel like you are not even clenching a pipe. I know you are going to love your new Rad, congrats buddy.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks guys. I am really looking forward to this one. The stem is actually cumberland albeit a very dark cumberland. I love it when Rad uses the really dark cumberland stock on his Tan Blasts. It does make for some lovely contrast.
Harris, my bent brandy is 42g and it is light as a feather. This one weighs the same as my Briar Blues POY and that thing is super light feeling and has a straight stem. I cant wait to see what this one feels like with the slight bend. The bent brandies and eggs are quickly becoming one of my favorite shapes.

May 31, 2012
Outstanding natural virgin true beauty!
many congrats.
I love the blast,

in places it looks like a topo map, and indeed an elegant shape,

and you're right about the contrast, happy smoking, enjoy it most thoroughly!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Absolutely stunning Chris - congrats! I have to say I really like the tan or unfinished briars Rad puts out - just gorgeous and really highlights the impressive blast work.

tinpan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2013
That is a stunning pipe, I hate getting Rad's emails and clicking on the link to see an empty store...lol. At least I can see what I missed.
I really like the blast work he does and he has really mastered carefully crafting the shape of his bowls. They have nice proportions and are very graceful. I think half of the value in a pipe is the stem and Rad is exceptional in his stem work.
Awesome pipe.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Well the presents are unwrapped and everyone is content. I'm enjoying a little McClelland Christmas Cheer in my new bent egg. This is my first smoke with my latest Rad. Cool, dry, and light as a feather. This is a wonderful pipe to clench. I am really getting into 1/8 bent pipes lately. Rad outdid himself as always. I am very pleased with this one. Merry Christmas everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.