PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I knew I shouldn't have gone to his site to look at his latest pipes, but I just had to. I was immediately torn between the bent Brandy I bought and the Bing that was also for sale. This Rad is 5 3/4 long, bowl height of 1 3/4, bowl width of 3/4 and a bowl depth of 1.5. The pipe only weighs 40 grams and is a solid group 4. The blast on it really caught my eye and I also really like the stain.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Awesome Rad Harris! I guess I shouldn't have looked either because I picked up the Bing! :lol:

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Harris
Congrats on another Rad acquisition. That is a beautiful shape, indeed.
Anthony-I also enjoy polished briars, but as a fellow member has said, "you can't smoke grain"...
I'm afraid in the current market one can purchase 1 1/2 Rad Davis blasted for the price of one of his polished briars.
That also goes for other American artisans, such as J.Alan.
Oh, well.
Allan

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Chris, I swear next time I get his email, I am not looking.
Haha sure! I was so tempted to commission a Bing in a Double Mahogany Contrast blast with a spalted tamarind extension to go into my seven day set after seeing the one in the store but I just love the ring grain and Birdseye rim on the golden one I purchased today. I had to go for it. I had to think about it for 30 minutes or so before pulling the trigger. I am glad I did. It is a beautiful pipe.
The grain on your new Brandy is simply stunning as well. Well done buddy!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Very Danish style which is cool but what makes that Rad one in a million is the way the concentric rings terminate centered on the heel. that is a stunning pipe! Congrats Harris.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Harris,
Congratulations- that is an amazing blast...Pretty soon, you'll have a 30 day set...:)

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, lol
You and gwtwdbss make me sick. I wanted that brandy but hesitated because it doesn't have the cumberland stem. As I was mulling this over half the pipes disappeared. What do you know, an hour later I show up here and there they are. lol O well, half my problem was going to be justifying it to the wife.
Nice addition. Since your 7 day Rad set is done, you going for a 30 day set now? :rofl:

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I'm surprised to see that this pipe is without a cumberland stem, Harris. But, I think a cumberland stem on this pipe would have a been a Rad too much. :lol:
Needless to say, that's an incredibly beautiful pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys.
Chris, I kept going back and forth between the Brandy and the Bing, I saw the email, about 3 minutes after it was sent and figured I had maybe 5 minutes to make up my mind. I kept hitting refresh to make sure they didn't get taken while I was hemming and hawing. I finally chose the brandy for the blast and the fact I wanted another bent one and I already have 3 Rad billiards.
bentmike, I love the way the rings go around the heel also.
Eagle, for your first Rad, you should get it exactly the way you like it, if you want cumberland then don't settle, have Rad make it just the way you want it.
Kashmir, I have 12 spots open in my 36 count pipe case so plenty of room for more Rads.
Zack, 17 and counting so maybe one day I will have 30.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations Harris on your new pipe. By the time I went to the website your pipe was already gone and the other pipe you were considering was reserved. I know that makes Rad as well as well as the customer very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.