PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I have been wanting to add at least one smooth Rad to my collection for a while now. Mike at Briar Blues listed this one on eBay for a client. I am thrilled to win this for less than the price of one of Rad's blasted pipes. This is my second Zulu from Rad and I believe it will pair nicely with my Black Blast Zulu that also has a Spalted Tamarind extension.
There is NO light gap at stem and shank. Stem was not inserted fully. Unsmoked
RAD

USA

Length: 6"

Height: 2"

Bore: 13/16"

Weight: 37g

Here is a pic of my Rad Black Blast Zulu for comparison purposes:

Dec 24, 2012
Chris, congrats! I was toying with bidding on this but I already have a Rad smooth zulu. You got a great deal.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Chris, that is just a gorgeous pipe. I do not have a Zulu in my collection. I will start looking now. Thanks for posting.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Chris, those two pipes need to be displayed together. Beauties.
I'm happy for you my friend.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
That pipe looks wonderful - I saw it on ebay and thought wow. Good for you!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for the comments guys. I know not everyone likes cross grain pipes, but the nearly equal amounts of reverse cross grain on each side paired with very nice birdseye one the rest of the pipe really pops for me. As Mike said, the selling price half of the SRP so I am very pleased with this transaction. As much as I love Rad's blast I would hate to pay full price for a smooth when I could get two really kick butt blasts for the same price. To me this was the perfect opportunity to pick up a smooth Rad at a very reasonable price.
Thank you Mike!

Jan 8, 2013
Oh man, that is a beauty :) Some day I'd like to get my hands on one of those. Let us know how it smokes and enjoy the heck out of it. Congrats :)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
chris, awesome looking Rad, I love a good cross grain with birdseye. You got a fantastic deal on it also, no way are you going to get another smooth Rad for that kind of coin. Congrats buddy, smoke it in good health.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
Smooth finishes are my favorites and seem to be seldom found on ebay compared to rusticated finishes. That's quite the find! Enjoy.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Chris
I am very jealous. I don't know why my search feature on eBay didn't pop up for this or we would have had a bidding war!! :)
Congrats and good for you

Status
Not open for further replies.