PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Was just gifted this from a forum member. The pictures don't do it justice.

zb0PAXz.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Well, that IS really nice, and obvious just who made it. Did the pipe come along too?

I'd love to know what kind of wood the holder is? Kind of a driftwood interpretation of a pipe itself!

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
@ newbroom Yes the pipe came from the same member. It's a Kirston look alike I guess but solid wood except the mouth piece.

The stand I was told was going to be firewood but it caught his eye.

I tried to post more pictures but they would load again like last time.

@ davet Thanks a lot!

@ Hmhaines This is another kind of item well sought after, Minnesota has lots of wood. Hint Hint!

Jan 8, 2013
That is awesome! I've long been looking for something right along those lines but no matter how hard I searched I could never find anything. :clap:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A very nice pipe rest for sure.

I really like items like that made out of natural elements and materials. :clap:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Glad you like that chunk of firewood James ! It is either Tulip Poplar or Mimosa,neither of which is a good firewood but it was given to me so I burnt it. I've found several such pieces when splitting wood for the fireplace and made several stands that I either sold or gave away.
I believe that pipe is a Lenox,even though it is not stamped. Also I found a stinger today wrapped in masking tape with Lenox written on it so it must have come out of that pipe or another that I had a while back. I'll send it to you. Most Lenox pipes had an aluminum body much like a Kirsten.

http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/pipe.php?page=150

loomongous

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
Well executed. I like it. I have been thinking of making a 3 or 4 pupe holder out of similar looking wood I have laying around. What did you use to hog out the basin?

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Well executed. I like it. I have been thinking of making a 3 or 4 pupe holder out of similar looking wood I have laying around. What did you use to hog out the basin?
Mother Nature started it,I used a 1/2" barrel sanded in a Dremel to shape and make it a bit larger. Finished off with hand sanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.