PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe1xpgk4f2uqr0b/2722f6bcd13027c06fe9d3b0e6f955cf_XL%5B1%5D.jpg
Here are a couple of photos of my latest acquisition-a Scott Thile Lovat pipe This is my first Lovat; I had always preferred full bents or nearly bents in my pipe choices.
Since joining this forum, I have found that I although I still appreciate the shape of full bents, there is a reason why most pipe smokers smoke straights.
For me, it is just easier to smoke. The pipe cleaner goes straight in when I'm smoking it, cleaning is much easier, and I'm finding that as long as the pipe is light, (this weighs under 50 grams) it isn't hard on my mouth.
I've had one or two bowls with this pipe, just breaking it in.
I'm confident that this will be one of my 'go to' pipes in rotation.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Scott is definitely on my list of next pipes to get, Bigvan has said his is one of his very best smokers. Your Lovat is quite beautiful, I really like a dark sandblast.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Thank you guys.
Scott is a relatively new pipe crafter and he is just one of the nicest guys. He is anxious to hear my review about his pipe and I'm just waiting to give it some more time before I let him know.
Have I mentioned it before? I love this forum!
One of the only places I can get unconditional support from fellow PAD people
:)

Dec 24, 2012
Wow, that is gorgeous. I have heard he is a fantastic carver and he is on my list for future PAD as well. Enjoy.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats Allan that is the perfect lovat. I see you mentioned it's light and clenches well. I thought lovats were the bomb until I got a Canadian. Since I hold my pipes I find the oval shank more comfortable than the round stem of a lovat. In any case I think the long shank provides a great cool smoke. Enjoy!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
That's a great looking pipe. I'm confident you'll enjoy it.
You're right about Scott. Besides being a master carver, he's very personable and just a great guy to talk to. He joined us at our table in the smoking tent in Chicago last year and within minutes we were all talking about pipes, music, scotch, tobacco and I'm pretty sure by the end of the night we managed to solve the world's problems. He's one of us.
Congratulations.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Missed this post before. Sweet pipe! Very interesting blast and the proportions are unusual but work really well. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.