PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I thought this one came out rather nice and was worth showing off a little :)
This '67 Dunhill Shell came to me last week in a trade. It needed a bit of cleaning but a real gem was hiding under there. Only had a chance to put one bowl through it so far but smokes like a champ!
Crappy iPhone pic but here it is off my work bench after I got her all shined up and pretty.
dunhill-rhod.jpg

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Mike, that is a stunner. I LOVE the bulldogs where the line that is cut in the cap isn't there. Glad to hear she smokes well.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I need to get better about before pics. I was eager to get going on this on that I started working on it right away and neglected to take a shot of it.
The stem had some tooth indents and a pretty heavy coat of oxidation on it. Thankfully no cracks or holes to patch. The bowl itself needed a good reaming and retort as usual. In the end it came out better than I expected!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a diamond quality gem! I love working on those Dunhill stems, they shine so nice and no stamps, etc. to worry about. Fabulous job on that one, enjoy it.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
That's a real find Mike! It must have been like uncovering a diamond in a pile of coal. Hope it smokes well for you.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.