PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I recently added a couple more cobs to the collection. One un-used old Missouri Meerschaum MacArthur style and one old lightly used & in great shape Toasted & Broken In Irvin S. Cobb (not sure the style)

pad_zpsec6a30df.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, those are some extravagant variations on the ever popular cobs. If you don't take those to the

next available pipe show, you're missing a real opportunity out there on the smoking deck. That

MacArthur requires a custom pipe tool.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Wow is that MacArthur bigger than standard ones is it just the angle? The top one looks awesome though, but overall nice scores they are unique to say the least.

~Ron

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
The total cob size is an inch taller than the now standard MacArthur. However with the shank lower in the new MacArthur style pipe, the overall bowl depth is the same.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
That MacArthur requires a custom pipe tool.
@ mso489: What would you suggest for a custom pipe tool? I have a couple long bamboo tampers with spoons on them, however the tamper end is too wide to read the bottom of the narrow bowls of the MacArthurs. Best I have found that will work is the old Czech pipe tool unfolded. Suggestions for something with more "style" would be welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.