PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
This is a nearly identical pipe as one I acquired from Mike at Briar Blues quite a while back. In my "momentary lapse of reason" I sold it because of a sanded dip to remove char on the rim that bugged me. I regretted and missed that pipe ever since. While placing an order for some Astley's and McClelland's today I had to check out the Castello's. I saw this pipe again, and figured I should go for it. It has been patiently waiting on me for a month or so. I had to get to the $95 mark for free shipping anyway and I have plenty of pipe cleaners so what the heck. :lol:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/castello/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=118221
I just love the rim on the new one:

Here are pics of the one I sold that I wish I hadn't:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
chris, great looking pipe. I am sure you are relieved to get it back in the fold. I have unloaded pipes before and then asked what the hell was I thinking. Let us know if it smokes as good or better than the other one.

Jul 12, 2011
Outstanding brother, love that look and have also been eye'in designs just like :twisted:
Congrats on the new pipe!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I must confess to a little pipe envy. But I'm happy you had the guts to pull the trigger. :clap:

Enjoy the pipe without regrets -- you deserve it. One of these days I'll manage to scrape up enough cash

to get one for myself.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for the great comments guys. Cortez you were the one to point out my first Castello way back when that sparked my interest in Castello's in the first place. I really hope ya can get one sometime. Hopefully Mrs. Cortez will buy you one for your birthday or Kevin will include one in your Exalted Member packet that should be arriving any day now. Remember this one?
002-386-0869.jpg

63AEDD94-A380-4298-A823-985FEC0F0887-9008-000009322B3F7852.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, I love that birdseye bowl top (better than your old one, which wasn't too shabby!). That tapered stem is a thing of beauty as well. All Castello's smoke like dreams, so I know you'll love this one.

I was sort of looking at Castello's lately, but they are all too darn big. Your 2K Sea Rock is the business, 28 grams??get the heck out of here, that is perfect! That would be very appealing to me. I'm always looking at Estate Castello's which all seem to be 4K and up (or even G or GG) A heck of a good choice Chris.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
The new one you have looks like it is light in the mouth and a pleasure to smoke.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Wow, that first pipe is a real beauty. I've seen it on smokingpipes before and was admiring it then. Hope you get many wonderful smokes out of it.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I've always loved stick bits. I have noticed that most do not have tenons that butt up against the mortise which causes moisture. Castello seems to have licked that problem though.
Pipestud

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Once you smoke a Castello you always have to add more to your rotation. I can see that is the case here as well!!! Wonderful choice you made. Congrats. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.