PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
I was in Montreal over Boxing Day to visit my goddaughter and her parents, and her father and I took the opportunity to swing by Blatter & Blatter. As I've mentioned before, my maternal grandfather used to buy his tobacco there, years ago, so there's a bit of a family connection for me. Here's the latest addition, a shortish and somewhat plump Diplomat:
blatter-diplomat-600x450.jpg

Depending on how you define a rotation (does Sunday count?) I either have completed my goal of a rotation of Blatters in traditional English shapes or am one short. Given that I have to be back in Montreal in a month, I'm inclined to think that I have one to go. Regardless, I now have a rackful of them:
blatter-rotation-600x450.jpg

We repaired to Stogies, a cigar bar on Crescent, where we indulged in our respective purchases. I broke the Diplomat in with some Nightcap.
stogies-600x450.jpg

It's not as good clencher as, say, its Canadian brother (the stem is very wide, as you'll note from the group pic above), but it holds nicely and sits very stably. Like all my other Blatters the engineering is solid and it has no vices.
blatter-clench-600x450.jpg

I'm not sure what shape to get next. I might go for a boring old Billiard, but they also had an Oom Paul that I almost went for...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Blatter & Blatter uses simplicity so well, and it really shines in this diplomat. I have one diplomat briar, a Johs, and a MM cob diplomat.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Until this post, I was completely unaware of the existence of Blatter & Blatter. Being in upstate NY, I don't see myself getting there anytime soon, but at least it is now on my radar. They look to have some interesting blends, but the pipes look beautiful. Good purchase and thanks for sharing about them. Also, there's nothing wrong with getting a good old, solid, Billiard. Love the simplicity and the tradition.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
1. Blatter and Blatter

2. Vintage Made in Canada Brighams

3. kd lang

4. Pat's daughter, Megan Russell

5. Diana Krall

6. The Blatter hanging out of your avatar piehole

7. Lt. Col. John McCrae

8. Sergeant at Arms, and current Ambassador to Ireland, Kevin Vickers

9. The Charlie Biddle Trio
I also appreciate that since WWII we've rarely hosted a conflict or war Canadians haven't signed on for.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.