Latest Acquisition And Experiment (Multiple Images)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
I recently got this pipe rack/jar combo with the Medico Cavalier in it when my grandparents stopped at a roadside flea market/antiques place and saw it for $4. They almost threw the pipe away! Glad they did not, it smokes like a prizefighter!

The other pics are what happens when a man gets bored, has a fully charged Dremel and TONS of bamboo growing around him. First time making a pipe or pipe shaped object. Surprisingly, it smokes well enough, and I might revisit this idea soon!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Great score! Did you have to order a special bent drill bit to drill that bamboo? :lol:

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Haha, I used a coat hanger that I cut a point into with wire snips...and a great deal of patience. That bamboo is a nice little puffer too...surprisingly cool.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Oh man oh man, I done it again! The Decatur set for $0.75!!! Jar not pictured, but flawless and included.
Then to help load it up...this neat Warwick of London churchwarden, estate piece but VERY neat and clean, happily purchased for $18.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
...it begins. I'm just about finished filling up pipe rack #2, you're gonna need a bigger boat yourself.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Cmdrmcbragg, how right you are! As it stands, I'm sketching ideas for a display rack for these two Decaturs to bookend, as you say, I need a bigger boat. Mso489, I've only fired the Warwick up once, but she is a smooth puffer.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Cmdrmcbragg, how right you are! As it stands, I'm sketching ideas for a display rack for these two Decaturs to bookend, as you say, I need a bigger boat. Mso489, I've only fired the Warwick up once, but she is a smooth puffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.