PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
But finally finished this pipe- I seem to be on a hot streak with great briar this week...Thought this one came out pretty well- 6" overall. Biggest challenge was keeping the stem really short while keeping it thin in the bite zone- measures 3.9 mm behind the button...Time for a beer!

1zx9m5l.jpg

2i1ksw3.jpg

o78v7n.jpg

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Amazing work Zack and I love the small little stem, it just looks cool. Nice work again and may it smoke amazing for you.

~Ron

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Not being a big fan of bamboo, I have to say nice job and the stem looks amazing and fitting.Great job man.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks guys! Al, that's probably number 6 or 7 with bamboo...I really enjoy working with it- biggest challenge is getting a nice flowing transition into the bamboo from the stummel and then from the stem- thought this one came close to what I was hoping for...The natural bamboo is much easier- working with black bamboo is tricky- if you even touch it with sandpaper, you go through the black and expose the light colored interior bamboo...

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Never had a bamboo pipe, nothing against them at all just never saw one to purchase locally. I gotta say I love how you did the stem on it, where do you get you bamboo from?

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Nice touch in the follow through in the stem. The lil indentation really stands out as a mark of quality attention. Great work!

May 31, 2012
Damn!

You're right, that is some great briar,

and you made it greater!
That piece of bamboo is exquisite as well, and the stem is a knockout!
The light stain looks good also.
If not perfection, then something damn near close!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I buy the bamboo directly from China- comes in a 1kg package which is enough for about three years worth of pipes...

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Zack, I"ll tell you a story about Black Bambo, in the 70s wife wanted some, it was 40$ a stalk at nursery, I ponied up the money got her a handful, planted in a half whiskey barrel, now the story, had a Black Lab called Henry, Henry outfoxed me at every turn, started laying up in that expensive Bambo, so being a country boy I twisted some barbed wire and coiled it around the plants, That"ll fix him I said to myself, went on to work a dog, getting home , he"s curled on top of the Barbed wire , so he smiles at me, I take him and press him down and roll him around the wire and that damn dog still smiles at me, shaking my head in dispair I go in the house, Henry got the best of me again.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Bradley, Got to watch those dogs...When I was about to take pictures last night, I laid the pipe down on a low table and walked in the other room to get the camera. When I came back, Dolce, my cocker spaniel was sniffing at the pipe- she was about 2 seconds away from clamping down on the sucker and taking it out back to enjoy at her leisure. She's not attracted to briar, but she LOVES bamboo...(so if you ever get a pipe from me with a couple of tooth marks- hey- it just adds to the character)

Status
Not open for further replies.