Late Christmas Present

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by hawk60ce
  • Latest reply from Uberam3rica
  1. hawk60ce

hawk60ce

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I received this from the in-laws yesterday in the mail. It's a storient and I haven't had the chance to smoke it yet. Due to the bowl size it will probably see VA's or a quick English smoke. I didn't ask for this one specifically, just a new meerschaum, and this is what showed up. It took a while to receive, and I won't go into all of the details. I don't know the full story so I don't know whether to fault storient or not so for now I will chalk it up as an honest mistake. Here's a pic as I know how much you guys love pics.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very nice. So, given where the tobacco chamber is, will the beard eventually change color too, or is it too far away from the tobacco?

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. gwynclan

gwynclan

Login to Send PM

Finally got it, looks sweet jason. Let us know how it smokes
    Cheers

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. hawk60ce

hawk60ce

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would have to guess eventually. Especially with hand touching it too. This will def become a common pipe once the wether warms up. I'm liking meers more and more.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. eibhir

eibhir

Login to Send PM

It's beautiful. It would look good if the beard stayed white and the face darkened up, almost like a real person.

A smile will always keep them guessing.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Hey if it's a new meer, and it's free I'd be plenty happy to get it a month late.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Love the pipe and I hope it smokes well. Not the one for me as it would be a bit weird smoking something that looked that much like me.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

Thanks for taking the time and effort to photograph that pipe. I like the detail in the beard.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

All I can think of is that commercial from the late '80s, "This is Your Brain on Drugs. Any Questions?" LOL!

I REALLY need to get a meer. I'll probably go to my B&M to get it, but I know they don't have anything that cool looking there. Just a meerschaum menagerie of animals.

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

will the beard eventually change color too, or is it too far away from the tobacco?

Eventually it will. The whole pipe will color over time The distance from the bowl won't stop the coloring. It just takes longer for that part to color.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

will the beard eventually change color too, or is it too far away from the tobacco?

Eventually it will. The whole pipe will color over time The distance from the bowl won't stop the coloring. It just takes longer for that part to color.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sw0snuff3r, jitterbugdude, newbie, decigar, pylorns, jguss, tbradsim1, junkyarddawg, bigjoe, gamxiaoyuan, phonomet, cosmicfolklore, andystewart, aleguy66, lestrout, oldreddog, leacha, numbersix, lucky695, johnnyreb, barleynbaccy, huntertrw