PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Just made ANOTHER P&C order. They seem to have been happening at an alarming rate these days with the FDA Deeming regulation and Dunhill Apocalypse fueling my fire. All new blends that I've wanted to try and never gotten around to:
H&H - Magnum Opus

Frog Morton Cellar

McClelland - Balkan Beauty

McClelland - Blakan Blue

G.L. Pease - Quiet Nights
I've heard that Quiet Nights is very comparable to Penzance.....Thanks to the awesome generosity of @Tomnernas2ndson I now have a little sample of Penzance to find out for myself.
Any praises or zings from you guys for any of these blends? I'm hoping to figure out which of these I really want to stock since I believe all will likely disappear unless something changes with the FDA between now and next year.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I like the MCClelland choices, and the Frog Morton. Latakia smoking after years has made me intolerant to lat bombs. Now, Penzance tastes exactly like Pirate Kake and anything else lat heavy.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
We are waiting for your response on the Penzance vs Quiet Nights

I can see some resemblance between the two, although I think the quiet nights has more of the usual GL Pease lat forward flavors, especially with a freshly open tin, it to me has a creamy smoky mouth feel.

IMHO seattle pipe club's plum pudding reserve has more of a resemblance to Penzance.

What I like about Penzance is the delicate subtle flavors that are not easily duplicated. But I think it is safe to say if you like one you will like the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.