PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
With this cold weather, I find myself reaching more and more for the dark leaf. It's also the time of year when the parks empty out, and you can stroll the dog smoking a pipe, without having to deal with the public. My favorite walkabout here in northern NJ is the Grover Cleaveland Park, noted for its 200 year old Sycamores. On these days I have the whole park to myself. Just me, the dog and a bowl of Star of the East. Anyone else like the dog / pipe combo?
IMAG1723-1-3-1.jpg

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I've been turning to Latakia blends as well, I don't have a dog.....yet, but I'm looking to adopt one over the holidays and look forward to daily walks with the pooch and a pipe. Today on break at work I just smoked some FMC in a Country Gent, perfect for a freezing day like today.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Wow Kash, that picture is beautiful! As to your question, I would love to be able to enjoy the dog/pipe combo, but my little dog is a hellion that loves to pull like a freight train! But I do enjoy a good Lunt by myself or with my wife just the same.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Nice picture, Kashmir. I'll have to get some of my walks through the part near my house. It's just warm enough now, 25 or so, to get out and enjoy them. I take mine with my dog and lately, Meridian or Gaslight.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Preach on brother Kashmir.
Maia and I do get out for a long lunt through the local conservation area on the weekends, but our walks are limited to leash led walks in the neighbourhood during the week. Last weekend it was SPCs Mississippi River, this weekend I think I'm going to crack a tin of Two Friends English Chocolate.
Lovely photo, mate.
-- Pat

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Kas, that's some mighty fine pictures, sure makes smoking a bowl the ultimate experience when your eyes are filled with beauty and you're drawing a good puff . These pictures are great!

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Looks like the ideal place for a lunt. I myself smoke latakia blends most of the time anyway, but in winter it becomes all of the time. The dogs aren't the easy stroll type, being bird dogs used to covering alot of ground very quickly, but my mom does walk them. I'll be joining her with my pipe over break, and seeing if I can multitask piping and hunting. I do love this weather!

May 31, 2012
Damn fine Kashmir, that pic certainly is atmospheric an evokes the perfect mood.
A wonderful setting, thanks for sharing.

Wish I was there!
400px-A-Hunting_We_Will_Go.svg.png

A lunting we will go

A lunting we will go

Hi ho the derry-o

A lunting we will go
We'll burn a briar

Walking through wood

And puff a cloud

Tasting so good
Got my headcoat

And my hound