Last Weekends Antique SCORES!! Pipe And Rack (Pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Estate Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
So once again, another weekend and a few trips to the antique stores in town. I am very lucky the girlfriend likes to spend time together that way because I have been on a roll lately.
So first up, this pipe... I saw it unsmoked, still in its box just begging for me to take it home. I am unsure of the history because I couldn't find anything on the net about it. Hopefully you fine gents can help me out once again! On first inspection I always try and remove the stem but this one will not budge. I wanted to know more about it before I put it in the freezer to aid in my efforts. You can see a metal rod that peeks a little into the bowl and I have no clue what purpose that serves. The panel design has obviously been catching my eye because here is my second in two weeks! Stampings are as follows:
ATLAS (in oval in a cool font alone on one side)

BRUYERduMAROC (or G at ending, small letter on opposite side of ATLAS)

4010 (on bottom)

This is my other amazing score!! I figured I would group these, why not right! I have wanted one for a very long time but they are always so darn expensive!! Well,'I talked the guy down $55!!! It is in such great shape and hangs on the wall or sits on a table. It holds 36 pipes and then has "shelf" space behind the pipes for pipe cases, boxes, lighters, pipe cleaners, and so much more!! I am just so excited about this too. My gf ended up buying it for me as an early birthday present since mine is early next month. Here she is!!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Nice scores. The star on your pipe is similar to a company named Riff but there is no information. Happy hunting but I love paneled pipes. Hope it smokes well for you.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Thank you all so much for the kind words. The girlfriend is happy that I now have most of my pipes on the rack and not scattered around the room! :rofl:
(What she doesn't know is that now I have a need to fill the 4 racks I emptied to fill this one!!)
As for the paneled pipe, I have still yet to get the stem off and yet to smoke the beauty! I really want to learn more about before I do anything to it. What if the stem isn't to be removed? That would be odd but what if? What is that piece of metal protruding into the bowl? I can not find anything on this pipe.
I guess consider this as a thanks/ bump because I am eager to find out.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Definitely a couple of great scores and you managed to fill that rack quite nicely. Enjoy. :puffy:

markus

Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
There is one with the same mark on Ebay, they are calling it a "White Star" brand. Doesn't mean know what they are talking about though. See the link below.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-White-Star-Half-Bent-Fish-Bowl-Style-Billiard-Estate-Briar-Tobacco-Pipe-/171514412631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ef0e3e57

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
I was thinking the same thing as georged, that it might have metal threads in both the stem and the briar. Love the shape and there is always something great about finding an unsmoked pipe in an antique store.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Try turning the stem to the LEFT. The pipe might have a threaded tenon.
That's what I do too. It's unlikely that it will be threaded, but that's a typical thread pattern.

I can remember when you had to remember that Chrysler products had both right and left hand lug nuts depending on the side of the car the wheel was on.

Unsmoked pipes have an appeal because YOU get to decide when and how or if to break it in.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
So it has been a month and the pipe has just been sitting in my pipe rack with me not sure if I should smoke her or not. I really wanted to get the stem off before I did. Well today I picked it up and gave it another try and it moved!! I kept going and after a while and some shot nerves (afraid to break it) it finally came off!! This had the longest tenon I have ever seen before!! And an odd aluminum looking piece just stuck in the end of it. I know what a stinger is and this is like no other I have seen, and it came out with just a light pull. I will need to post up some pics for you all.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Innertube?
USux63O.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.