Last Tobacco Order for A While...I Think.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
One more order from 4noggins just arrived! I should be good now for a bit I hope. I *think* that I have everything that I've been wanting to try.
The bulk bags are 4noggins Brits Balkan, Lane 1-Q, Charles Fairmorn Lancer's Slices and McClelland Three Cherry Blend. It's going to be a fine, fine weekend indeed! :D
DSCN0199.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I've got a long way to go. From your haul, I've only tried Jackknife plug and 1Q haha.
Of what's pictured what is your current fav?

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Of what's pictured what is your current fav?
They are all new to me except for the Navy Flake. Oddly enough, the one that I was most excited to try was Carter Hall. I wasn't expecting much but I have to say, I was thoroughly satisfied. Smooth, very creamy...nutty and sweet. Easy to smoke, this will be a great "putzing around" smoke.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Particularly interested in what you think of the Brindle Flake
You have just made my decision for sample #2. I've been staring at the pile trying to figure out what was going to be next.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hemsworth, I love Carter Hall as well. It's one of those easy satisfying smokes. Don't get me wrong, I love my VaPers like Escudo, but when you just want something simple and satisfying, that hits the spot for me. Sometimes you just want a cheeseburger and a beer!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'd kill to find a cheeseburger that wasn't made with the crappiest cheese known to man.
Never could stomach "American cheese".

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
It's an interesting predicament. I agree that the standard, brand name American Cheese Slices are a bit overpowering, but if you've ever made a burger with real, extra old cheddar you might find (at least I know that I do) that there is almost no taste once it has been melted. It's good for a grilled chees sandwich, but not on a flavourful burger.
Now I am hungry. Thanks.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Swiss seems to work good on a burger. Blue cheese is also delicious but overpowering.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Nice order!
I made my "last order for awhile" last month, then found myself doing a large-ish order last night just to finally try some Esoterica for the first time. Rich had stock...
It never ends...

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
It never ends
So true, I said I wasn't buying any pipes for awhile, well there's a Brebbia on the way with my name on it and my local B&M is holding a pipe for me that I plan on picking up tonight. Good thing I don't have to answer to the wife or I'd be in big trouble!!!!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Good thing I don't have to answer to the wife or I'd be in big trouble!!!!
Actually, I ordered some Bagpiper's Dream because I believe I had read a favourable post you had made about it? (That's usually how the TAD starts for me.) I don't answer to the wife either, but if she questions me I'll refer her to the Oshawa club for a response... :puffpipe:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Spartans one up on me. Ive only tried 1Q. That is an impressive array and I recognize most of the blends based on rave reviews here. Enjoy!!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hope you, like the Bagpipers Dream Ghost, as for sending inquiries to the Oshawa club please make sure to direct them to Pruss who I just nominated as communications director!

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Hope you, like the Bagpipers Dream Ghost, as for sending inquiries to the Oshawa club please make sure to direct them to Pruss who I just nominated as communications director!
Wrong thread, possibly?
Oops...nevermind :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.