Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am smoking my last bowl before midnight, the magic hour that surgeons decided no drinking, eating, or smoking can occur before surgery. So, in these last few minutes before the chime strikes, I am eating a steak, drinking a heavy milk shake, and enjoying a big bowl of 3P's.
I seem to have been passing kidney stones like a Blue Ridge rock slide all summer, 8 to 5mm boulders. So, the doc is going to go in through the... you know... and play asteroids, blasting rocks up with lasers to make the rest of the summer pass smoothly.
I will be glad to be able to spend the day on the tractor or working in the garden, without fear of getting doubled over with blinding pain. My girls have been baby setting me when I have to leave the house, after finding me laying in the field pissing blood. Yeh, it was like a bad 80's horror movie, ha ha.
Yeh, I am not really eating a steak, but the surgery isn't until after 2PM tomorrow. They would tell me midnight, even if I had surgery at 6AM. But, but, I am being good. Just one last decadent bowl of 3P's before bed.
The worst part is anticipating that 60% of these requires a stint. I've already had a few guys at The Briary tell me what was involved with stints. You wake up with a string coming out your... you know... and the doc sends you home with two pills. Take one the next day, jerk the string out, and then take the other one to deal with the shock... or something like that. Anyways, they scared the Hell out of me.
If you don't hear from me in a few days, it could have been the rock or the string that got me.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Glad I looked at this thread before my daily Rosary, so that I could pray for a good surgery and speedy recovery for ya, Cosmic. Godspeed!

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Good Health, Cosmic. You'll be back with your tobacco plants in no time. Joy and comfort!
BTW, this kind of gives new meaning to the question about 'whose pulling the strings?' doesn't it :)

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Praying for a successful procedure & a speedy recovery.

@bluegrassbrian

Its never as bad as they say.
No, its often worse.

Have you ever had urinary calculi, laser lithotripsy, or a ureteral stent? (BTW - it is a stent, not stint)

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
Get well soon Cosmic .. sucks about the medical procedure but hope it’s successful in getting em out in one round

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Good luck, I had a very good buddy have the exact same procedure and it went smoothly and relatively painlessly. In any event, he said the procedure was way better that his pre-surgical symptoms. Hope that it works out that way for you.
Doc

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Good luck Cosmic. You will be fine. It’s a straight forward procedure, even if stents are employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.