PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston

I've been a real good boy, haven't ordered in quite a while. Im still working through a lot of baccy right now. But, in an effort to expand my horizons and celebrate my favorite season, I decided to order autumn/maple baccy and, burleyphile that I am, give VA forward blends a chance. So I picked up Briar Fox and Scottish Autumn flake, the latter having the added benefit of fitting both criteria. I also got some aromatics, which is very unlike me, but I fogured its always good to have some Molto Dolce on hand for a good room note, and honestly, I think a light aro just fits the spirit of autumn, so I got Autumn Evening and Harvest on Hudson.
And on cold nights, lat bombs really agree with me for some reason, so I got some Ten russians to try out for the first time.
But what I'm most excited about is front row. From left to right, GBD Autumn Volcano, Warner Pipes Franken-Briar, and Morgan Pipes Freakshow Briar Cigar. This is a surprise for me because I buy pipes very rarely, more prone to TAD the PAD, but all three of them just struck me very strongly. I lnew i had to have them.
Close up on the grain of the Franken-poker- theres the whole reason i bought it: gorgeous green grain. Green is my favorite color.
Just thought I'd give a little update on my stash and share my new finds. Anybody know much about GBD pipes? I bought it on aesthetics alone.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
Very nice. I believe I saw a Frankenbriar on ebay just the other day and thought it was kind of a neat pipe for October/Halloween. I, too, have been wanting to try a few of those baccys you picked up (Autumn Evening, Harvest on Hudson). And of course you can't go wrong with Molto Dolce. Nice haul bullets!

gunslinger

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2014
Briar Fox is one of my favorites and is a great all day smoke. Hope you enjoy it too. Love those C&D crumble cake blends. Oh, and that Franken-poker looks great too. Nice haul.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Darktower, I've been poking around on what a good introduction to Virginia forward blends would be, and Briar fox came up time after time. I too love C&D's crumble cale, they know what they're doing! Beautiful tin art too.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
Wow, that franken poker looks fantastic. I really like that deep green.

Status
Not open for further replies.