PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Until yesterday I was probably the only person here who hadn't tried Dunhill flake. I've spent the past two days smoking my way through a tin. I was actually quite shocked at just how wonderful it is!! I actually prefer it to Solani 633 which was my go to smoke till now. It's lightly grassy and plenty sweet. It's perfect out of the tin requiring no drying or prep other then breaking up the flake. It's a stellar Virginia smoke!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Have tried it, love it, have bought a lot of it for the "cellar". :wink:

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Nope haven't tried it. Maybe Nate meant the last person on his street with a salt water tank to try it?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It does seem somewhat overlooked among the Dunhill big blends, but then again, 965 is that good.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
It was one of the first tinned tobaccos I ever tried. I keep coming back to it over and over, enjoying more and more each time.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I haven't tried it yet either, and I'm a Dunhill man. In fact I haven't smoked any straight-VAs. It always seemed to me a straight VA would be a rather one-note cigarette-like taste experience, and going by reviews, I'm not alone.
Can anyone say how it compares taste-wise to a VaPer like DNR/Escudo?

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Nate, I also have not tried it lol. Also want to say, damn that pipe in the picture is gorgeous!!

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Aww saint v, didn't know you didn't get along well with the big N.
Even after years of cigar smoking it still affects me and I REALLY don´t like the dizziness it induces. Too bad every Dunhill tobacco so far gave me the woozies.... 8O
p.s.: Your Duca is awesome!!!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Dunhill Flake is one of my "usual suspects". There are days I actually prefer it over the Capstan.
Oh yea...the pipe's killer.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I'm going to have to order some of this to try it again. The descriptions always make me drool.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I haven't tried it yet either. I've had two tins of it in the past, but gave them away in a Pipe Tobacco Pass and another trade. One of these days I'm sure I'll buy another tin or two and actually try to smoke them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.