PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
The other day I was in my truck about to have my lunch time smoke, when I realized that I forgot my pipe tool. I happened to have my Whittlin Jack and found a twig. This is what I came up with. It did the job and is sitting on the dashboard for backup if needed.....

Untitled-28.jpg

What do you guys use in a bind(that is of course if you're absentminded at times like me and happen to put yourself in a bind)?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I used my wife's I believe they call it a blush brush, was in her bathroom smokeing saw the handle on it, was perfect, tamped and forgot to wipe it off, next day she comes in my pipe room with the brush in hand and not a good look on her face, had to fess up, she threatened to use my good Almar knife to stir her gumbo next time LOL, hid the knife cause I know her. The old cajun

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
HaHaa! June and I trade uses for things all the time. I've used her Q-tips for pipe cleaning, and she

uses my boat paddle for whoppins! HaHaa -- when the kids out-grew the wooden spoon!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Finger tips and several calibers of cartridges.
(Of course, that raises the age old .45ACP versus 9mm debate. I've found 5.56X45 works best.)

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Gnatjulio, that is one of the coolest tampers I have seen in a while!
Winton

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
that would definitely do the trick! ive been using roofing nails lately, lost 2 Czech tools since last friday :?

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I haven't used a tool in....I don't remember how long. Just my favorite tamper, it's hard to lose. Nice tamper though I really like it!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Suddenly I feel a lot less strange for using my chapstick to tamp my pipe while driving because I dropped my tamper under the seat.

Aug 1, 2012
I've used the handle of a really small screwdriver from my tool kit in my car. Also used a nail with a wide head from a friend's garage. Just about anything that comes to hand and is the right size. I'm really absent minded so I forget stuff on trips all the time.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Heh, this worked out in a bind and it'll be waiting in my cab next time I forget my czech tool. I like to poke after I tamp so I'm just waiting for the poke to break off (my luck). I tried to use a pen once, didn't work out to well and it screwed the whole experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.