PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
4noggins has HH Mac Baren 15% off thru today and evidently they still have Vintage Syrian. SPC is down to the small tins only and P&C is only taking backorders. Seeing as how I'm still waiting on my backordered McClelland 5100 since last MAY from P&C, it might be a good time to grab the HH Vintage Syrian if your cellar is lacking.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
The "last" of Vintage Syrian has happened 2-3 times now, and the fact that P&C has it backordered rather than out of stock might mean there's more to come. On the other hand, who knows.... Better to stock up now and not get caught with you pants down.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I like having my pants down....
jay-roger.jpg

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
lazar, that is my point. I waited forever for P&C to send my 5100 when I could have bought it immediately just about anywhere, only to get screwed in the long run. Just cuz they accept a backorder doesn't mean you will ever get it. Some lessons you learn the hard way and thought I'd share my experience for the benefit of others.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Over the decades, I've seen a number of favorites disappear. If you find a favorite, buy as much as you can afford.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
In stock at http://www.lilbrown.com/p-2868-mac-baren-hh-vint-syrian-35oz.aspx

... and cheaper at https://www.milantobacco.com/macbarenpipetobacco.htm

... and in various sizes at https://wvsmokeshop.com/macbarenhhvintagesyrian16ozbag.aspx

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Yeah, it's still around but sounds like this is the last hurrah. Sablebrush mentioned that last minute, Mac Baren got their hands on some syrian to run off a last batch and this is it. I grabbed myself a pound of bulk and a stack of tins during the 4noggins sale to add to my older tins, so I'm good. I am pissed at myself that I didn't get that shiny storage jar with a pound from SPC when I had the chance tho :-(
I grabbed some HH Old Dark Fired 100g tins too as it was cheaper with the sale than most vendors.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Cortez, I used to shop all the time at lilbrown till they went crazy adding IL taxes from WA. In Chicago, we have a 13% sin tax on tobacco on top of 10.25% normal sales tax. Needless to say, if you're gonna charge me tax for my state from a different state, I'll be shopping elsewhere unless I'm absolutely desperate.
Plus, who knows what customer information lilbrown is submitting to the state of IL with the tax remittance....seems like it's not worth the risk of raising any red flags.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I am happy I got my pound cellared and a fancy storage jar to boot. It is going to take me some time to start getting the Dunhill that I want to get cellared. I hope that mad rush doesn't happen for a while yet.

barepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2017
SP said last week they are still good for Dunhill at least until next year.
Sadly for Vintage Syrian it seems like it is the last goodbye. Per Jensen from MacBaren posted a video on Instagram of the final batch back in January.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I have been watching the VS for a while now. Last week SP had the deal with the ceramic jar and they had about 200. So it went over the week. Did not take long. And when its gone, its gone......and for those not paying attention, the 3OS has gone nutty on ebay....

rx2man

May 25, 2012
The small tins are almost OOS at the bigger sites .......on a positive note Mixture 79 is still avail at most sites!!

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
I have been watching the VS for a while now. Last week SP had the deal with the ceramic jar and they had about 200. So it went over the week. Did not take long. And when its gone, its gone......and for those not paying attention, the 3OS has gone nutty on ebay....

I did jump on that Special when I saw it posted at SP. When I received the jar the outer lip had a small hairline crack...called SP and they sent out another Jar with Tobacco...No charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.