PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Some makers and styles of pipes have long intrigued me. With this strange little pipe I got to combine three of these elements: morta, Trever Talbert, and goblins.
There are a few areas I would like to explore further, but there's no urgency anymore. I realize that it's time to take a break from adding to the collection and that it's time to prune it down.
So for now, this is it. (Until it isn't...)
_57-71-600x213.jpg

_57-6-600x313.jpg

_57-8-600x285.jpg

_3-1-600x600.jpg

_3-504x600.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
"So for now, this is it. (Until it isn't...)"
As it always will be! Nice looking pipe!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Beautiful piece, simplicity and loads of style. You didn't really say that about this being

all for now, did you? Don't we all say that every time we buy a pipe? Has it ever been true?

Just show us the pipe, and we'll all know that's what you're saying, for at least 12 hours, in

rare instances a week. I just bought a pipe, and guess what? No, I won't say it.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Those Talbert pipes are always something to behold! I don't recall ever seeing a morta Goblin, but then again I don't really keep up.

That's an amazing pipe, I hope it smokes great for you!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You didn't really say that about this being all for now, did you? Don't we all say that every time we buy a pipe? Has it ever been true? Just show us the pipe, and we'll all know that's what you're saying, for at least 12 hours, in rare instances a week. I just bought a pipe, and guess what? No, I won't say it.
No, I actually do mean it. You're right, I've said it before and my friends like to kid me about that, but I have other uses for the money right now that trump pipes. In the past I've gone 3-4 months without buying anything, because I have some very good pipes and wasn't seeing anything that was a sort of "goal" kind of pipe, much like Dunhill birth year pipes are for many collectors.
This past year, however, I just fell into some deals in rapid succession that brought me a number of those "goal" pipes to add to my collection, pipes for which I've looked for years to acquire. I've spent some pretty good coin on those pipes.
I've also had the growing feeling that it's time to shrink and shape what I've collected. There are pipes that I just don't use very often, or at all. After I've sold off a number of pipes I may buy a pipe or three, or maybe not. There's nothing out there for which I'm pining.

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
Let us know how she treats you. I thoroughly enjoy my morta pipes from another maker and have been eyeing up Talbert's pieces for some time now. Not that I need any more PAD excuses...

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
My last pipe also came in the mail today so I know the feeling. I also do not see myself adding any more to my collection either.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I like your strategy Jesse. Why not branch out a little and try something different? Life is too short to leave a stone unturned. I'm curious to hear your comments on the smoking attributes of the morta.

Status
Not open for further replies.